cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Error Page

N/A

BT Wholesale Error Page

Hi just to update the support team that you discuss a BT Wholesale error page on your service status as affecting the South Of England this seems to be moving Northward as my router just lost connection , then picked up what appears to be a BT ip and subnet and then IE displayed the BT wholesale error page Dan Banbury (north Oxford), After a quick disconnect re-connect my force 9 ip and connectivity was restored
8 REPLIES
N/A

BT Wholesale Error Page

I've been seeing that for 2 days now.
(By the way, I'm in North Wales on BB plus)

I connect using a router (always on), and if I switch it off a few seconds and repower it problem solved. Any ideas what is happening?

And this is a good a point as anywhere to say that having been a customer for about 4 years now, I find F9 top banana. Keep it up, and don't go down certain routes and ignore your most important people (us) like some ISPs seem to!
JonathanW
Grafter

BT Wholesale Error Page

Hi,

This is something that is being investigated, as there does appear to have been an increase in the number of people seeing this page. Previously, the page has only really appeared if either we've carried out router maintenance and lots of people have had to reconnect, or if BT have had issues in the area.

I'd ask that anyone seeing the wholesale page drop me a PM with the times that the page comes up, so that I can pass the details through to our networks guys.

As for a resolution, there are two things to try. The first is manually assigning your DNS details on the computer, setting the connection to use two of our four DNS addresses. The second is to disconnect for five minutes, and then reconnect.

For reference, our the addresses of our DNS servers are:
N/A

BT Wholesale Error Page

This seems to be happening far too often at the moment for it to be a temporary "glitch". I have just had this problem for about 5 minutes and the +Net newsgroup is full of posts from people receiving the same error page.

Mark
Community Veteran

BT Wholesale Error Page

In 12 months on BB premier I have yet to see the BTw page.
It is quite possible that my system falls back to the root dns servers automatically if F9's servers can't give a responce.

Or maybe I'm just very lucky ...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
N/A

BT Wholesale Error Page

I must say the only time I have seen the BT error page is when my router was acting the nod. After reconfiguring the router I haven't seen it since. The problem was that the router was misconfigured and was not always picking up its IP correctly. After ditching all the auto config and manually setting up hey presto no more problems.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BT Wholesale Error Page

Hi,

I posted this a little earlier on the PlusNet forum.

The start of the problem was a combination of an MSO and an LTS drop. Each 155Mbps segment is made up of 3 LTS's which carry the data, to give redundancy, if one LTS drops you only lose a third of the customers rather than losing all.

Together these two factors caused a bit of inbalance on the pipes with one LTS (on the same segment as the one that dropped) having far more customers than all of the others because it was picking up connections that should have gone to the dropped LTS.

A further two factors then ensued, when the inbalanced LTS hit the session limit all connections should have been pointed at another LTS by BT Wholesale (as they all had plenty of free sessions), but they weren't, plus they also had an intermittant problem seeing our RADIUS servers.

Both of these problems were fixed this morning. The LTS that reached capacity was load balanced Wednesday morning, and the one that dropped is pretty much back to normal levels.
bobflemming

BT Wholesale page

Hi,

I'm in Lincolnshire and have been getting this message for the past week - one night on, one night off.

The problem is, I have a new Linksys router so I don't know whether it is this or outage at the exchange. It appears to be too frequent for it to be a change in the router settings.

Can someone confirm if you are experiencing any network problems.

Horncastle
Lincs
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BT Wholesale Error Page

Hi,

There's no problems showing in your local area, you can check this at

http://usertools.force9.net/exchanges/

and the problem we had has now been resolved.

My first recommendation would be to shut down and reboot your router and PC and see if that makes a difference. If at some point since your router was last rebooted it disconnected and picked up a BT DNS server that could explain the cause of the problem.