cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voice Line Quality - Post ADSL

N/A

BT Voice Line Quality - Post ADSL

Since my 'self-install' ADSL upgrade, the quality of my voice line has dropped considerably, I have mmicro-filters installed on each socket, yet the quality is slightly better than two tin cans and a taught piece of string.

I can't blame PLusNet for this, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced a 'Lack of Clarity' whilst using the old 'Dog & Bone' post ADSL install ?
7 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

RE: BT Voice Line Quality - Post ADSL

The only difference I have is that all the telephones in my house seem louder since DSL was enabled on my phoneline. I have Microfilters on all the telephone sockets around the house. Just means I have to turn the volume down a notch on the phone handsets.

Later.
Community Veteran

> The only difference I have is that all the telephones in my house seem louder since DSL was enabled on my phoneline. I have Microfilters on all the telephone sockets around the house. Just means I have to turn the volume down a notch on the phone handsets.
>
> Later.

Can't say that I have noticed any change to the quality of the phone since my installation of ADSL. i also have splitter/filters on each phone.
Only thing that has happened is that if my modem is powered up the Caller ID on the expensive main phone stops working but the small cheapo unit that I got from BT still does??.

--
Regards
John
N/A

> Since my 'self-install' ADSL upgrade, the quality of my voice line has dropped considerably, I have mmicro-filters installed on each socket, yet the quality is slightly better than two tin cans and a taught piece of string.
>
> I can't blame PLusNet for this, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced a 'Lack of Clarity' whilst using the old 'Dog & Bone' post ADSL install ?

Morning Nobby,

Have you asked BT (150 / 151) to check the line? This is a routine job for them and they can do it while you are on the phone, free of charge.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
wickedray
Dabbler

Not that I have any constructive information but I have had no problem. The magic bone does not seem to have changed at all. I have microfilters.

Cheers Ray.

> Since my 'self-install' ADSL upgrade, the quality of my voice line has dropped considerably, I have mmicro-filters installed on each socket, yet the quality is slightly better than two tin cans and a taught piece of string.
>
> I can't blame PLusNet for this, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced a 'Lack of Clarity' whilst using the old 'Dog & Bone' post ADSL install ?

N/A

Well I came on here to ask for some advice as I have the same problem. Then saw this post.
I am sure you are discussing using Game Voice or Roger Wilko rather than a phone. I had ISDN before and Game Voice and Roger Wilko worked perfectly. Since my ADSL self install I get mostly broken up conversation on Game Voice while roger wilko is just about useable.
Any ideas anyone?
I speak to people in game rooms and Buddies and just get told "you shouldn't have gone Broadband with BT"

--
Regards,
Dave
Firejack
Grafter

I personally was talking Telephones.... not Voice Comms.... but anyway....

Can't say I use Roger Wilko anymore...... but on GameVoice I'd check your settings again. Like make sure "Run in high priority mode" is selected in the settings. Its also worth checking you have forwarded all the right Ports to your computer if you are behind a NAT Router, making sure you have selected the IP address of your machine under the network settings. Failing both of those... lower your compression rate until it clears up.

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

AH I got it wrong sorry.
But thanks for the advice, I wlll have a look at all the settings.
The answer to you question then was that my Phones have worked fine since ADSL was installed.
Good luck with the problem anyway.
--
Regards,
Dave