cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openreach Missed Appointments

Community Veteran

We are seeing an increase in the number of missed engineer visits generally over the last couple of months, and have raised this with BT Wholesale/Openreach at management level

/Rant On

Why are Openreach missing so many appoinments though? - this for many EU's is becoming costly for themselves, with days being taken off work, or taking Annual leave to stay in for these appointments.

I appreciate that PN are raising this with BTO at management level, but what guarantees are going to be given to PN and it's Residential and Business Customers that this situation is going to improve in the long term?

This complete debacle is costing everyone time, which in itself is a very valuable commodity particularly for Business, which in turn costs money, therefore reducing the productivity for all concerned, which pushes up the cost of business for everyone.

Surely there should be more leverage from the SP's to OFCOM to make BTO wake up and smell the coffee, pull their fingers out, work smarter and become so less complaicent, just because they own and manage 99% (Figuratively speaking) of the UK's Telco/IP infrastructure.

/Rant off

Constructive discussion welcomed!

Roger.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you can do so legitmately raise problems as 'voice faults' rather than through PN as a broadand fault.

That way, you deal with Openreach directly and arrange for compensation if warranted.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Whether OFCOM do anything I suspect depends upon the number of complaints they get from end users. If enough people moan directly to them they may pull their finger out and have words with BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

If you can do so legitmately raise problems as 'voice faults' rather than through PN as a broadand fault.

Do you deal directly with Openreach? If you have your phone service with Plusnet then voice faults are reported to Plusnet. If you still have your phone service with BT then voice faults are reported to BT Retail. Or is my understand on this wrong?
Community Veteran

No, I was typing before fully engaging the brain. Sad

You are right of course I was meaning BT Retail, who at least seem to be able to contact the Openreach folks directly when there is a voice fault rather that the 3-way dance between PN, Openreach and the customer when you have a broadband fault.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

There shouldn't be any difference between us contacting Openreach and BT Retail contacting Openreach or any other voice supplier contacting Openreach.

Regarding the actual process on our side on handling appointments that are missed and one of the analysts here has ownership of raising every single one with BT (at 1:30pm and 6:30pm after the end of each slot) in order to get this resolved.
lank111
Grafter

sould FINE BT for missing appointments,
then plouge the millions back into the network to make it beta......

if you think the millions of pounds worth of fines for BT is a over statement, i kid you not......we could bleed BT dry!

The British goverment should reali start governing BT, as they have with everything else!
N/A

If they arrive for an appointment only to find the householder out, what happens then?

Is there a charge levied?

If so, the same charge should be payable by them for missing apointments.

Sauce for the goose....
James
Grafter

Absolutely and this is something that we are pushing for.
Snarf
Grafter

I'll just sit tight and hope the engineer turns up here today Smiley
Community Veteran

After some discussion in the TB/AG forums, this little shred of information came to light....

There have been problems recently with the BTW systems and the Openreach systems not being properly linked so whenever an ISP booked an Openreach engineer the appointment was never actually making it through to the Openreach systems so no engineer was ever despatched.

I'm going to have to backtrack a little to say that not all of this is BTO's fault.
There has been discussion about the ISP creating the appointment for say the morning, only for information given to the EU that the appointment is in the PM slot.

I know it's six of one and half dozen of the other, but is there no way that the integrated systems could be made to work better, for example, eco directly generates the ticket with the content of the appointment slot directly copied into said ticket? That way, it seems there is less room for human error.
C100
Grafter

Openreach dont have enough engineers to complete all the calls. They are just starting a recruitment drive for 1300 new engineers, but it will be a minimum of 20 weeks for those new engineers to complete there training before they come online.
I had an interview last week and even the interviewers were very disillusioned.