cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT IPStream Max Problems (2MB Downloads)

N/A

If you are synching with your exchange at speeds above 2mb, but only seeing 2mb download speeds, we would ask that you be patient and give BT chance to resolve this. Though if you're still not seeing the speeds that you should be, then raise it through to us if BT's work doesn't resolve this by the 6th of June.

I was having this issue for 2 weeks where my sync was 3000k and only got 2MB speeds now its gone down to 1MB speeds with same sync, is this still catagorised as the same sort of problem (that BT are too blame and its not a specific fault on my line?)

Also when the 6th of June arrives if the issue is not resolved is there an easy way to raise a ticket without going through all the fault finding thingies?

I am seeing speeds of anything from 200kbps-1000kbps but nothing more, not sure why this happened - it just seemed to switch from the 2MB I had previously to 1MB with no reason I can see.

Just to put this into perspective I have only seen sync speeds as my download speeds for 3 days and I was upgraded on the 28th of June Wink
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I had something similar, for some reason runnning the fault tests, faults.plus.net and doing a BT speed test resolved the problem ... worth a try eh?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I just tried it, but unfortunately the only reply I got was..

Due to the nature of how MAX DSL works, we are unable to raise speed faults until the service has been up and running for 14 days.

Great reply apart from the fact I was upgraded 30 days ago.

Nothing has changed still getting less than 1MB speeds this morning.
IanD
Grafter

I've currently dropped to 128 kbps and have started the process of carrying out the three BT SpeedTests to raise the fault.

Before Max I was on a steady 1Mb connection, but now I've varied between 512 and 1.3Mb. Currently verging on useless and I'm half expecting a similar reply based on the 14 days despite being maxed nearly a month ago.
N/A

They say it should be done by the sixth (see my quote in the first post) but thats all the information I can find.

But asking any questions about it just returns silence, random cut and paste text or automated messages. Its kind of silly that customer support guys/gals on the forums know more about whats going on than the people on the phones/ticket system.

I know if I raised this question via the ticket system I wont get a real reply so I have to post here on the forum. And then when the thread doesnt get replied to I have to directly PM one of the support team on here.

I find this really lame.

All I want is some clarification on the BT issues. Is everyone with sync vs download speed differences expected to be fixed by the 6th of June (by BT) or is it just the people with capped 2mbit connections.

Also what do we do when the 6th of June arrives and its not fixed? Do we try and raise a ticket explaining things that none of the ticket support team know about, hoping that we will get someone who actually has a clue whats going on?

Or do we have to PM the support team on the forums (the person who made the thread) to get answers and support?

Or is there a certain section in the ticket system where we can raise the ticket corrosponding to our actual problem (the BT issue). Just like the Interleaving on or off ticket section. That way only the support team who have a clue will reply to our tickets?
N/A

@phearfactor

Out of interest where is the interleaving ticket thing and how long does it take through that route?

Only asking because i didnt know it existed and requested interleaving be turned off on my connection through a general enquiry ticket @ 4:18 on Friday and had an answer today saying that BT will remove it tommorrow!

Regards,
Neil
N/A

It took about 2 weeks to have mine removed for some unknown, and un-disclosed reason lol. But usually it does happen pretty quickly, usually within 5-6 working days of a ticket being open.

The difference is huge (latency wise) nothing else seems to change, you may lose a little sync speed but not that much to make a huge difference. Depending on your line, it may vary but usually you get a few more CRC errors etc but I havent noticed anything major like Packet Loss.

For example my ping dropped by 20ms to UK servers. I now get a 13-14ms whereas before it was 33-40ms. This changes sometimes due to my line being very dodgy at present which is down to the BT issue I believe. I am hoping once this is fixed I will be able to see the exact differences and it will most likely be pretty major.
N/A

Got same problem!!!

Phearfactor, are you sure that you have not just gone over your 15Gb peak time limit. I thought I had some kind of line problem the same as you but when I checked it was +net who had put the limit on due to me having reached 18Gb. Sad
IanD
Grafter

If I log on using a non-maxed Premier 1 account name (thanks to one of my referrals Smiley ) at my PC, I suddenly get a solid 1.3Mb connection and the BT SpeedTester confirms this.

Change back to my own Maxed account and I'm crawling along again.

No change at all in PC or hardware, so it has to be a BT or PlusNet problem.

I'm getting the same deafening silence from "support" at present despite explaining this to them.

What is the significance of the 6th of June phearfactor? Wouldn't mind seeing someone answer your questions as they seem to cover quite a lot of the problems with Max.
N/A

@kindness1

I am not governed by a usage limit as far as I am aware due to being on a Business package. Also doesnt that just effect your P2P speeds etc and generally not Speed Tests?

@ldoig

Hey, I am referring to this post:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43087

BT are having issues that are scheduled to be fixed by the 6th but any more information than that I cannot find.
IanD
Grafter

Thanks phearfactor!

Had a look and read through the thread - seems all that can be done at the moment is raise a ticket to let PlusNet know and wait until the 6th.

Wonder what sort of reply I might get suggesting that my equipment is at fault despite being able to get decent speed with another user name? (OK - I'm jumping the gun a bit assuming that I will get a reply)

Here's hoping it will be sorted and things will at least be back to something that can be used.