Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Liam
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Hi guys,

Over the course of the next 8 weeks, BT will be performing maintenance on almost all DSLAMs and exchanges in the country. This work will take place on one particular night per each batch of exchanges and could result in downtime from around Midnight - 6am once for each DSLAM.

The following spreadsheet details affected Exchanges / DSLAMs and the date(s) that they will be affected.

Maintenance Calendar (Excel Spreadsheet File, Download Viewer)

Please note : Unfortunately we are unable to find out which DSLAM customers are connected to.

This is being posted via Service Status shortly.

Kind Regards,
Liam
11 REPLIES
lunarjetman
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

My exchange, Etwall (EMETWALL), is not listed. Does this mean I have incredibly good fortune, or will I be missing out on something that is desirable (speed/stability)?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Nope, it's just a round of standard maintenance work. There's over 1,000 exchanges that aren't involved, mine isn't listed either.

BT tend to do these kinds of maintenance works every few months sometimes only a few exchanges are done sometimes a lot. This is one of the bigger ones for a while but it's nothing out of the ordinary.
egor44
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

How will we tell the difference between downtime and current speeds ?? Cheesy
Snarf
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Yay week 2 and week 4, maybe they'll actually be able to fix something on the Crowthorne exchange and reduce my apparent 6-7km line to the 2-3km it should be Smiley

Btw Rossnet, wife's parents live in Etwall, you must be lucky to get 6Mb, I think they only get something like 2.5 where they are.
lunarjetman
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Dave - thanks for the response, for a moment I was doubting my ability to search within an Excel spreadsheet Cheesy

neverwinter - I can only dream of 6MB! I think you must have mis-read my signature which says 6GB. The best I can get is 2.5MB with a following wind. Houses not 100 yards down the road get double that Sad
Snarf
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

Serves me right for not reading properly Smiley
N/A

Downtime

The midnight to 6am window is that the actual time 6 hours for each or are we to expect just a short downtimes within the 6 hour window.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

BT DSLAM Upgrades

There will be a short downtime of about 30 minutes or so at some point during the 6 hour window. It shouldn't be down for the whole 6 hours.
glyndev
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

How will we tell the difference between downtime and current speeds ?? Cheesy

You will get faster downloads during the downtime :lol: Wink
mitchell20
Grafter

BT DSLAM Upgrades

I can't access the spreadsheet (either by clicking the link or downloading it)

What exactly are BT doing?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

BT DSLAM Upgrades

I don't know specifically what they are doing, but from the briefing I've seen it's just a standard run of the mill round of maintenance. They do these every few months, so nothing to worry about.