cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT DSL MAX

N/A

BT DSL MAX

Just been reading that my exchange along with many many others will be enabled for MAX DSL on the 31/3/06.

I've got a broadband premier account, does that mean that on the 1st of April my download speeds will be at the maximum the line can support, or will plusnet need to do something to enable this?

By the way, thanks plusnet for a great value for money broadband service.
12 REPLIES
N/A

BT DSL MAX

no I think most exchanges have that date. I have looked at mine and 3 others nowhere near me and they all say the 31st. I think this is when BT start the work but from what I have read on here it could take many months before we all see these new speeds.
N/A

BT DSL MAX

No, it means that from april the service will be availbiel at the exchange

I suspect there will be another mass regrade process but this will take several months if this is the case. There will prob be teh £15 cue jump option like last time availible
N/A

BT DSL MAX

@manc100 official bt announcement states that BT should be FINISHED most of the exchanges by then.

Mass regrades will take months more than likely though
N/A

BT DSL MAX

from what I've been reading in the news, rather than doing each exchange 1 by 1, all exchanges will be activated on the same date.
N/A

BT DSL MAX

As far as I am aware the maxdsl enabling is a switch throwing excersize probably can be done remotely from a central place, maybe even simply programmed into the systems in advance it turns on at the launch date, as I understand it the service is still ADSL so no hardware change is needed.
N/A

BT DSL MAX

so what about speeds, will I see a speed increase on the 1st of April, or will I have to wait months for plusnet to make changes themselves?
N/A

BT DSL MAX

You will have to wait for BT to finish the regrades, as I understand PN will be putting the order in once the rollout is done, then it is all in the hands of BT who will probably have 1m or more lines to do in the initial orders.
N/A

BT DSL MAX

are we able to place our orders with plusnet now? i.e. upgrade...obviously I'm going to assume there will be a charge for upgrading.
Community Veteran

BT DSL MAX

you can upgrade to the 8mb service for £39.99 a month and pay £14.99 regrade fee.
N/A

BT DSL MAX

or you can wait til the new product rolls out. switch to it and cue jump with £15.

No point in changing to the current 8mbit product to downgrade and cost u more money a month later
N/A

BT DSL MAX

Will you actually be able to queue jump for £14.99? It would be worth doing for me - I am stuck on 1mb with a decent SNR. Can someone from plusnet confirm whether this will be possible or will we have to wait x months in strict rotation, waiting for BT to pull their finger out?
JonathanW
Grafter

BT DSL MAX

At the moment nothing has been confirmed, but it should be possible to pay the standard regrade fee and have a regrade put through ahead of other people in your area.