cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband Checker

N/A

BT Broadband Checker

I am on the PlusNet 1Mb scheme and getting full speeds, all of the time. Previously the BT "can you get it" checker told me that I could get 1Mb as a max. Having read reports that BT were yet again extending reach, I decided to check whether I could get 2Mb speed. To my suprise I cannot get the speed that I am currently enjoying! And all the time too. (I have deleted my phone number for security reasons). The message is: -

For Telephone Number 01798 on Exchange WEST CHILTINGTON

Your exchange has ADSL broadband.

Our initial test on your line indicates that you may be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides 512Kbps or 256Kbps download speed. However, due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required, who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Thank you for your interest.

Note: If you have an ISDN or Home Highway service connected to this number and you wish to purchase Broadband ADSL, this can be arranged through your Service Provider. You will only be able to keep one of your ISDN / Home Highway telephone numbers - generally you can choose any of your numbers but there are some rare exceptions. If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to change service providers then please contact both your new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

Can anyone explain this? And have you had a similar experience. As usual, contacting BT for an explanation is not an option!
1 REPLY
lhorwath
Grafter

BT Broadband Checker

hi there,

I have heard of several customers who experience this problem.

I would say the best course of action would be to raise a ticket and get us to test your line to see if you can get 2Mb. Our tests are slightly more accurate.