cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRAS setting checker - where?

N/A

I can't find the link - I think it's in this forum - to the BRAS server setting checker that's on the PlusNet website - anyone know where it is?
15 REPLIES
N/A

here] is that what your looking for?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 8000

Err... No it isn't. From my router:

DownStream Connection Speed 2272 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Have you been 'Maxed' elvin? If it's saying 8000 then it looks like you have and either haven't re-synced or it hasn't been uncapped, or the systems having 'issues'.
N/A

Bethynkathy: that's the one - many thanks - after max mine is now 7000 from the previous 4000. How did you find it?
apollo1
Grafter

mine says 8000 but i have not had any e-mail to say an upgrade has been done and my router also shows 2272 not 8mb
N/A

jelv - the 8000 your currently seeing apears to be simuler to my 4000. Im speculating this si a satrt figure bassed on the foremer PAYG 8MB and im seeing 4MB as im on option 2 and my regrades not yet complete
N/A

Mine too says 8000, but it's before my billing date and I'm on PAYG, not one of the 4Mb/8Mb Premier packages.

Not to mention that I'm 3.6 Km from the exchange and even the most optimistic estimates wouldn't give me more than 5.9Mb!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Have you been 'Maxed' elvin? If it's saying 8000 then it looks like you have and either haven't re-synced or it hasn't been uncapped, or the systems having 'issues'.

Sore point - where have you been recently. As an existing up to 8MB user I was happy knowing that according to the newsletter and previous postings on forums I would be near the front of the queue. What I should have remembered is that Plusnet are a bunch of lying toerags who promise everything and deliver nothing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Apologies elvin. I was under the misguided impression that the link given used data gathered each day about the connections. It appears that it is (at least for those not on MaxDSL, possibly for those who are too though) spewing out a value related purely on the product they are paying for.
N/A

Oooh it reckons I can get 2meg - we'll see! :roll:
N/A

It reckons you're paying for an upto 2Mb connection. It may well be telling you that you've already got that in the hope that you're one of these 'mature savvy advanced' customers and believe it Wink
apollo1
Grafter

here] is that what your looking for?

So is this an account setting or the speed you should be expecting?

Cheers
N/A

It looks from peoples responses to be purely an account setting (i.e. what you are paying for). This may be different for those who actually are MaxDSL enabled, but may not.
N/A

Was an account setting - I was on Homeworker Pro up to 4mb and was reading 4000. Now is set dynamically on Max as it's reading 7000 after the 3 days.