cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF2 Lag Spikes :evil:

N/A

I have ping of 20ms or less on UK servers which are the only one's i play on which is good but every 15-30 secs i get a lag spike where my ping sky rockets to 500 and then goes back to normal and these can last for about 1-2 secs then all is normal again. Its got to the point where i want to throw my PC out of the window.

hope someone can help Cry

ADSL Connection settings:

MTU: 1492 (cant go any higher)

DSL Status: UP
DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 1152 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 6 db
Upstream Margin: 28 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 49
Upstream Line Attenuation: 29
Downstream Transmit Power: 0
Upstream Transmit Power: 0

PVC Connection

Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
Multiplexing: VC
Qos: UBR
Pcr Rate: 0
Scr Rate: 0
Autodetect: Disable
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Enable: Yes
PVC Status: Applied
40 REPLIES
N/A

I play BF2 (However not for the last couple of days though. COD has been taking up my time.)
Is the problem constant or at set times? How long has it been happening for?

Although I have not experienced any problems in the past, if you provide some servers your having issues with, im happy to check them out tomorrow if their inplay. If im also affected it may be a ticket to F9.

Do you have probs with any other online games?
N/A

i get the same thing mate. in part it could be the server u are playing on - our clan server (www.mox.eu.com) for bf2 is a bad offender for this, but a couple of other servers like the insanely popular GSF one (multiplay too) is much better for me...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

Which port does your server use for BF2? It seems that some ports aren't being picked up as game ports and the traffic isn't getting sent at the priority it should.
N/A

server? this is for the client? i dont host a BF2 server.

i have all ports open for client for BF2.

i just play on any random Multiplay.co.uk server.

its only really started getting noticable since i got my new Linksys WAG354G router to replace my horrible DSL300T.

could it be my specs?:

3.2 athlon
1gb ddr400
9800pro 128ram
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've found the cause of the problem and it shoudl have been resolved as part of this morning's maintenance work. Can you try it again and let us know if it's OK?
N/A

Having problems with BF2 also, playing on multiplay servers. My ping used to be around 20-30 now it's somewhere between 150-200, only been like this recently.
N/A

Tried it today and is fine now, 16 average on multiplay.co.uk servers and no lag spikes.

Thnx force9, always keepin evry1 happy Cheesy
N/A

ok i take that back, went on later and the lag spikes made the game crap, even worse than the 1st time i got the spikes.

is force9 changing stuff again or fixing something? :?:
okmbok
Grafter

Why dont u play Battleground Europe Instead Cheesy
windsurf
Dabbler

Having problems with BF2 also, playing on multiplay servers. My ping used to be around 20-30 now it's somewhere between 150-200, only been like this recently.

I'm getting exactly the same problem playing Soldner and connecting to European servers. Up until about 10 days ago, everything was great and I was perfectly happy with Force9 (pings of 30-50ms). Now I get 200-250ms pings from 6pm until after midnight when it suddenly goes back to 20-30ms (I'm on Broadband Premier and have used about 4GB in the last billing period). This is a useless level of service and if it does not improve very soon, I'm going to leave and suggest to the numerous friends and colleagues who I have encouraged to join force9 (for their previous no-nonsense, good level of service), that they should leave also.

Force9, please tell me what is going on? It all seems to be related to your takeover of Metronet / re-organization of network traffic. Please tell me this will be fixed soon. I would rather stay with Force9 but the way things are going, you are not leaving me any options...
windsurf
Dabbler

<repeated>
N/A

getting this with other games too as well now. Evil
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We did some work yesterday which improved the problem for some, I've seen more reports today though see passed the information back up the chain and we'll let you know as soon as we have any more information.
N/A

thanks.