cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE

N/A

BE

Hi

I'm thinking about migrating from +Net to BE. Nothing that PlusNet have done wrong, just I like the idea of faster broadband - it would certainly help when I work from home!

My exchange is due to be done in Oct 05. If I request my MAC, what happens if my exchange isn't enabled before the MAC expires?

Also, I migrated in a few months ago from ADSL4Less (Waste of time they were!) - do I have to pay any fees to migrate?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
16 REPLIES
N/A

BE

If you do not migrate before you MAC expires (after 30 days of it being generated), then you will continue your service as normal.

You can request a new MAC at that point.

I suggest waiting until nearer the time, save counting the days to expiry.

As for fee's, if you migrated in on a Free Migration offer, then you will be required to pay the £14.99 inbound migration fee (only after 12 full months of service, would you not need to pay this).

Also, do you know if you are on an annual or monthly contract?
This can be found in yoru account section.

If you are on an annual contract, would would be required to pay the remainder of the 12 months fees if leaving the service.
N/A

BE

ask for a mac key as a reason put rejecting the new terms and conditions, but you must do this by 11.59pm 15th september.

Then if it is enabled within the 30 days hopefully you can migrate. If you are on a yearly contract you would be able to get out with just paying the £14.99

hope this helps
N/A

BE

soudsystem.

The only problem is, if the exchange isn't enabled within that time, he will be left without service at the end.

If it is a monthly contract, i would opt for the standard migration, as at least no downtime comes about, if they don't happen to enable it.
Community Veteran

BE

If you don't pass on your MAC to another provider and migrate out, nothing happens. You just remain as you are now.

If you migrated in within the last 12 months then you have to pay the deferred migration fee of £14.99 as detailed in the migration T&C.

I assume you are on a monthly contract. If not, then you also have to pay the remaining monthly fees left to complete 12 months.

The speed you get on BE will still be goverened by your line stats. Do you know what they are? If the stats are too high, you may not be able to get higher speeds anyway. You probably won't be able to find out until the exchange is upgraded.

Also if you are refering to BE's ADSL2+ service, this is still a pilot and there may be only a few places available at each exchange. I also beleive yu have to be very close to the exchange (1KM or less) to get anywhere near the 24Mbs speeds ADSL+ can support.
N/A

BE

as far as i was aware, if he doesnt use the mac key he could stay on after the 30 days, but he would have deemed to have accepted the new terms and conditions. In this scenario he would have to pay for the yearly contract balance, should he be on a yearly contract. :-( i was just highlighting a way that he wouldn't be stitched up if an annual customer.

hopefully he is on a monthly contract and so like you said acarr, this would be the better option. :-)
N/A

BE

Thanks for your replies.

I'm on a monthly contract. £14.99 is very reasonable to migrate away as well - I have no problems with paying that, as I know Plusnet paid it to BT when I joined.

It's an awkward time at the mo: do I stay or jump into the unknown. It's all dependent on when the LLU is installed at my exchange (MRBRO). I have to make a decision soon though - the cheap BE opening offer ends shortly!

Cheers

Steve
N/A

BE

jump

you can always come back to plusnet if you dont like it :-)

you will never know til you try
N/A

BE

The speed you get on BE will still be goverened by your line stats. Do you know what they are?

Not sure if I can get them out of my Belkin Router - it doen't display them in the web gui - you have to telent in... and that's been playing up since I upgraded the firmware!

Also if you are refering to BE's ADSL2+ service, this is still a pilot and there may be only a few places available at each exchange. I also beleive yu have to be very close to the exchange (1KM or less) to get anywhere near the 24Mbs speeds ADSL+ can support.

I think I'm about 2.5km from my exchange. My line comfortably supports 2mb ADSL at the moment, if that's any help...

Thanks

Steve
N/A

BE

you can always come back to plusnet if you dont like it :-)

I'm just worried that the migration back from a LLU provider may be more difficult!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

BE

But surely if he asks for his mac because he doesn't accept the terms and conditions then PlusNet would not keep him on assuming he does accept them, so the only possible outcome would be to terminate the line.

Or am I just reading it wrong?

Phil
N/A

BE

phil

if he migrates then the line will cease once with the other supplier

if he stays then he will be deemed to accept the new conditions.

Until he physically leaves plusnet, i cant see plusnet cutting him off :-)

I'm just worried that the migration back from a LLU provider may be more difficult!

nope, sign up as new customer with free connection, but read the small print before you do, if you accept this small print, away you go

What be is offering is awesome, i can't get it tho :-(
Community Veteran

BE

If he states he is migrating due to the new T&C he will be terminated after the notice period as PN will not allow them to use the service any longer under the old T&C.

Surely the customer has terminated the contract with PN in stating they do not agree with the new T&C?
N/A

BE

i stand corrected Peter
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

BE

Sorry if I didn't word it right, but what Peter said is exactly what I was getting at.

Phil