cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

N/A

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

Hi all,

For those considering switching from BBplus to BBYW option 2. I can thoroughly recommend it. It seems that most services have got faster, but P2P speeds have rocketed!!

Thank you PlusNet! :-)
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

Cheesy Great to hear, hopefully they'll stay at a good speed for you
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
10crawford
Grafter

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

So good p2p speeds on BBYW at the same time as poor usenet speeds on Premier. Robbing Peter to pay Paul?
Ianwild
Grafter

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

Not deliberatly - The accounts are designed differently - BBYW has a higher Kbps allocation than Premier did (Something I will explain further when I get a chance).

We'll be provisioning extra capacity as it's needed for BBYW (We have pipes on order, and as stated by Neil the other day, we will supply more capacity ahead of demand from here on in.

I know this is limited information. I'm really keen to share the inner depths of the BBYW design, but it's not a short story and I'm probably only a third of the way through writing it up. I need a couple of clear days next week and I should be able to explain this in full.

In the mean time, you will just have to take my word for it - BBYW is based on the new wholesale capacity pricing and that means it's going to perform (at least slightly) better than Premier at certain times.

Ian
N/A

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

Can't wait. Should give us all a laugh. Smiley
dennisb66
Grafter

BBYW Faster P2P Woo!

For those considering switching from BBplus to BBYW option 2. I can thoroughly recommend it. It seems that most services have got faster, but P2P speeds have rocketed!

Hi Groundling
Are you still maintaing good speeds. :?:

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Fixed BBCode Tags. Wink