cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBPlus Upgrade Question

N/A

BBPlus Upgrade Question

I have been with PlusNet since Oct 2004, and on BB+ 2mb since April 2005.

Is it worthwhile changing my product (for free) to BB+ upto 8Mb, as I understand from a recent PlusNet email that -

Customers on the current Broadband Plus ’up to 4Mb’ & ’up to 8Mb’ options will enjoy greater usage allowances and will also be automatically upgraded, for free, to up to 16Mb & 24Mb respectively, once these speeds become available.

Is it worth me changing, or should I just sit tight?

TIA for your help

Julie
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

BBPlus Upgrade Question

BB+ now doesn't have different speed options (except for users who were already on the higher products at 1st April). Up to 8MB is the product you will be moved to automatically on your next billing date.

As to when you get the higher speed - that's anyones guess.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rammie1976
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

Whats happening with the 'peak time changes' for BB+ (I no longer have any idea what they're called).

The last thing I read was that people would be put onto it on their billing date (in April) except for the 1st weeks worth who were a week late?

Well my billing date is the 4th but everything seems the same (including service quality! :roll: ) - what happeningHuhHuh?
JonathanW
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

I'd suggest checking the service notices on your account, under link:contact us, as if you've been moved over to the new packages then there'll be a post on here saying that you've been moved over.
rammie1976
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

I never knew to look there, but nothing - just a note on 04/0406 (billing date) saying 'Bandwidth usage has been reset' .

I wonder how many other little notes have been posted that I've never seen? :?

So when will the peak-time allowance change then?
N/A

BBPlus Upgrade Question

On your billing date
rammie1976
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

thank you - but if you read my post you'll see my billing date has been and gone, so are saying it'll be the next billing date? and where did you get your info?
avalon
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

I'm also on + and had no notice on my account and by now I should have as I wasn't one of the 31/3- 4/4 crowd. So I don't know whether I'm on 4-midnight 3Gb or 8am-midnight 5Gb.

The words Plusnet and brewery springs to mind when I think of the way this has (or hasn't) been organised. :roll:
N/A

BBPlus Upgrade Question

Thank you for your replies - i'll sit tight.

Julie
JonathanW
Grafter

BBPlus Upgrade Question

We're hoping to get those people who's accounts were missed between the 31/3 and 6/4 moved onto the new packages before their next billing date, but we can only do so many each day due to the fact that it does require a drop in your connection. Though once you're moved over the system will email you about it.