cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBCi Broadband

N/A

BBCi Broadband

The BBCi website lists the broadband service providers with whom BBCi Broadband can be accessed. PLUSNET is not one of them. When will PLUSNET be offering access to BBCi Broadband services?

PS After initial problems (self-inflicted) I am very pleased with the service.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BBCi Broadband

> The BBCi website lists the broadband service providers with whom BBCi Broadband can be accessed. PLUSNET is not one of them. When will PLUSNET be offering access to BBCi Broadband services?
>
> PS After initial problems (self-inflicted) I am very pleased with the service.

Good Evening,

Plusnet is communicating with the BBC to ensure you will soon be able to access BBCi broadband services. I cannot offer you a definite date currently, but we will make a formal announcement at that time.

Regards,

Martin

--
| Martin Cundell......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support..............................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Out of interest, why is this taking so long? About 3 months ago Plusnet said that "We are currently in negotiation with BBC to offer this and we are at an advanced stage. We will be announcing when it is due to go live."

Are there problems or were the discussions with the BBC not as advanced as we were led to believe?

In general, I find the Plusnet service as provided superb (which is why I'm approaching my 5th year of being with you/force9), but if you do let yourselves down in one respect, it is communications - particularly regarding when new services will happen (see also my other post to follow, regarding promised improvements to the CGI/homepages integration).
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Neil,

About 3 months ago we signed the contract with the BBC to provide Broadband content from BBCi. Since then movement in actually granting us access to the content has been VERY slow, and has required a lot of pushing from this side.

Our product team, who are dealing with the BBC in regard to this, inform me that there is very little left to do on our side and we are simply waiting on the BBC to progress things. Once we have the finalised details from them we will need to produce new portal content, and some additional reporting to allow the BBC to monitor usage of the service.

If anyone knows how we can speed them up a bit, feel free to mail me - iwild@plus.net. We are really hoping to get this out by Christmas at the latest...

Cheers,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Hi Ian,

I can understand the problems with the BBC - they do move at a snail's pace at times. You're probably suffering for LCLS (Large Corporate Legal Syndrome) Smiley , in which case there's no hope for any of us Sad

Regards,

Neil