cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB upgrade

N/A

BB upgrade

At present I'm on the 512 broadband service but would like to get the speed increased. However as I'm just over 4 km from the exchange is it even worth me raising an upgrade order?

Tia

David
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BB upgrade

It's always worth it. If you don't you will always wonder if it was possible. The 3.5KM is just a guide and it is the line test that will decide if 1Mb/2Mb is possible or not. You will get your regrade fee back if BT fail your line.
N/A

BB upgrade

Just to say thanks to all involved, just over a week and upgrade through without a hitch.

David
LiamM
Grafter

BB upgrade

Thats good. I'm on the 1Mbit service and do notice a definate different both when surfing and downloading. My friend had 512k before my exchange was activated and I never thought I would want anything more but I'm glad I went for 1Mbit.

I'm now thinking of upping to 2Mbit... but the thing is, where do i go after that?
rslsys
Grafter

BB upgrade

You can get a NetEyes Cyclone box that will enable you to aggregate 2 x 2 Meg ADSL Lines. If that is not enough they do a 4 port version . . .
N/A

BB upgrade

Beyond 4 ports, you can if you so wish, use it to daisy chain as many connections as IP addresses permit. Expensive, but it works.

However, the Cyclone unit is used for connection load balancing. It isn't designed to perform any bonding, thus the only way to get full speed is from multiple connections. Single downloads, such as FTP, HTTP, email and other would go as fast as a single line permitted (if using it in a mixed speed environment, that will depend which line it assigned your connection too).

Such connections are not cheap. You have to add ADSL subscription on a per line basis, and if you only have a single line, you need to pay for the installation of new ones, and the costs of second lines.
LiamM
Grafter

BB upgrade

Hmm.... Sounds very inviting.... shame i'm not that rich eh?
the_norris
Grafter

BB upgrade

A Question to thebigman

Do you know the line lose on your line? Eg the db Signal lose.

Just interested to know.

Phil