cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ up to 2mb

cfcws
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

I don't look at this forum much so this may have been asked.

I cannot understand the newsletter concerning my product.

Has my usage limit been cut to 3GB from 5GB?

will I not get any speed upgrades?
60 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BB+ up to 2mb

Hi,

Assuming you are on Broadband Plus, the guideline figure of 5GB applied between the hours of 8am to midnight, we've now changed that peak time to 4pm to midnight and as part of that changed the guideline figure to 3GB for that new reduced time period.

So long as your line supports a faster speed then yes you will see a speed increase as part of the product updates, although I can't see when you would see the speed increase yet.
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ up to 2mb

Interesting.
I'm on BB+ and I had no idea this change had been made! Why don't we get an e-mail to inform us of such changes - it would improve customer relations no end.
aeroalfie
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

choraffa

The changes haven’t been made just yet - April time I think?

ediT: here is link to "April Product Refresh - Pre-annoucement details"

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40071
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

BB+ up to 2mb

Unless you have opted out it is in the newsletter when it arrives
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BB+ up to 2mb

Hi,

Everyone is currently being emailed about this. Everyone opted in to marketing emails will receive a copy of the newsletter in the next few days (it takes several days to send out to everyone), everyone opted out will receive a seperate service announcement email.
cfcws
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

Thanks

I did not notice the change in the time.
tcs2000
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

I'm on BB+ and so will get the free upgrade.
The 50gb off peak allowance is very generous and changing Peak Time to 4pm- Midnight a good move.
That's the good stuff.
However I'm concerned about this part.

"It will take BT several months to upgrade the thousands of PlusNet broadband customers, so priority will be given to customers on the up to 4Mb and 8Mb products. We’ll then ask BT to upgrade our customers in the order they joined PlusNet, as recognition for loyalty."

Having joined Plusnet last June I can see that it will be many months before I get upraded to a faster speed.
I just hope that the speeds I get will be ok as at the moment they are very inconsistent.
Only today I had download speeds of less than 100 and they should be over 200.

Update:
Have just checked my exchange
Amber...Estimated completion 31/03/06.
My billing date is 23rd.If the exchange is enabled then will I get the "up to 8mbs" from 23rd April?
N/A

BB+ up to 2mb

I got the email today but it had been bumped into my spam folder. Luckily I checked it before deleting the contents.
N/A

BB+ up to 2mb

HI, first time i have used this forum as i have had no use for it untill now so here it goes...
I am on the 2mb plus at £14.99 and joined in october 2005.
All i want to know is that what will be the 'limit' in the off peak time?
Also will i be getting the 'up to 8Mb' upgrade?
one last thing, will i be charged at £14.99 a month once these service upgrades are in place (8mb etc)?

THANKS ALOT

James
JonathanW
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

From April there will be no set figures for off-peak usage. As excessive usage off-peak could lead to steps being taken on a case by case basis, the guideline of 50GB for the Plus package is a good figure to work with for the BB Plus account you're talking about.

During April you'll be moved over to the new Plus package, at £14.99 a month, which will also mean that your line will be upgraded to MaxDSL and will synch at up to 8mb.
tcs2000
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

@Plusnet
Wouldn't it be better to actually state a precise off peak allowance usage figure?
All this "possible" and "guideline" stuff just confuses people.
Or do you just do that so you can change the figure at any timeHuh?
N/A

BB+ up to 2mb

Its done that way to keep us in the dark...
JonathanW
Grafter

BB+ up to 2mb

On the new packages there will be no set off-peak usage figure, as the network should be able to manage itself to the point where set usage levels from us isn't required. However, as a guideline the existing figure of 50GB is the best one to work with.
thecookhouse
Grafter

BB+

Hi,

BB+ (currently) up to 2mb

Could I please ask what the levels of management are that are applied to traffic after the 3gb peak time limit (i.e. what restrictions are applied and at what point(s)?

Thanks.