cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+to PAYG - some good news

Azagoth
Grafter

I'm seriously thinking about going to PAYG 2GB myself, anything to get rid of these peak time dial-up speeds. I have another couple of questions though before I switch.

1. My billing date is on (or around) the 22nd of the month. If I switch now what happens to my usage already used this month? Does it carry over inti the PAYG limit or is it wiped clean?

2. If I choose to have 4GB peak usage, then I'll automatically be billed £15.99 a month (that's with one referral)?.
Mand
Grafter

Cheers for all your help elvin guess i just need to wait ..lol

nice one Cheesy

Hi there,

Elvin answered most of your questions, being the resident expert. Wink

I've looked at your account, the change has taken affect and I've put you on the profile you were on previously so you shouldn't see any loss of speed.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

I'm seriously thinking about going to PAYG 2GB myself, anything to get rid of these peak time dial-up speeds. I have another couple of questions though before I switch.

1. My billing date is on (or around) the 22nd of the month. If I switch now what happens to my usage already used this month? Does it carry over inti the PAYG limit or is it wiped clean?

2. If I choose to have 4GB peak usage, then I'll automatically be billed £15.99 a month (that's with one referral)?.

Hi there,

1. Your bandwidth usage will be reset at the point of the change, so you will get whatever allowance you buy to use until your billing date.

2. Yep, that's if you buy 4GB inclusive upfront. If you choose 2GB and go over it it will cost £16.79 minus your referral.
kevgti
Grafter

If your thinking of moving to PAYG you need to be aware that there is a problem currently affecting email when you upgrade to (or sign up to) PAYG.

Basically, your default mailbox will stop accepting mail from external sources, and you won't be able to make any changes to your mailboxes/redirects. To me it sounds like they are adding the PAYG Basic mail component rather than the standard PAYG mail component.

I haven't had any mail since last Monday - they are aware but haven't yet told the affected customers.

Who knows when they'll fix it, I was promised an update yesterday but even that hasn't materialised.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I have just requested a regrade from BB+ to PAYG. I am annoyed I have had to do this, but its better than having dial up speeds at peak times. Does anyone know if the E-Mail issues have been fixed. Also do I have to reboot the router when the change has been made?Huh
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The problem has been resolved for people changing to PAYG, however there are some customers who were affected by the problem originally. The networks guys are working on this but anyone changing since Wednesday should have no issues.

Yep, you will need to reboot a few minutes after you receive the email confirming that the change is complete, in order to be assigned the profile for your new product.
Community Veteran

Thanks Mand

How long should the changeover take?Huh
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

If you choose the regrade option (not recommended as you can get it for free here Smiley) this will take 5-7 days.

If you choose no regrade it will take a few hours at most.
Community Veteran

Mand

I went via the upgrade link on the website. This didnt actually cost me anything anyway!! With all the issues BB+ has been having, is there nay way of pushing this through for me, so I can get back to enjoying the internet and not spending my life on these forums and moaning!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

1. Your bandwidth usage will be reset at the point of the change, so you will get whatever allowance you buy to use until your billing date.

2. Yep, that's if you buy 4GB inclusive upfront. If you choose 2GB and go over it it will cost £16.79 minus your referral.
Mand,
Can you clarify.
When you change product from BB+ to PAYG does this trigger a change to the billing date.
If it doesn't then would it not be better to go for the basic 2GB included for the first part month and then increase it later to 4GB
jazz
Grafter

If you move from BB+ to PAYG you get a static ISP instead of a dynamic ISP. What are the pros and cons of this aspect of any change. (I use less than 1Gb per month on BB+. This is mainly for web surfing and emails. The vast majority of it is off peak so if I'm getting speeds throttled heaven help the "average" user!)
Mand
Grafter

Mand

I went via the upgrade link on the website. This didnt actually cost me anything anyway!! With all the issues BB+ has been having, is there nay way of pushing this through for me, so I can get back to enjoying the internet and not spending my life on these forums and moaning!!

Done. Smiley

Give it 5 minutes, then reboot. This should see the changes take effect.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can you clarify.
When you change product from BB+ to PAYG does this trigger a change to the billing date.
If it doesn't then would it not be better to go for the basic 2GB included for the first part month and then increase it later to 4GB

I thought I had covered all angles - but I missed that one - what a good suggestion!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

There will be no change to the billing date and yes you can go for the 2GB initially and then just increase the usage later on. This saves you a small amount on the pro-rata payment which would be required for the included 4GB.
Community Veteran

Hi Mand

Thanks for that. Just a little thing, can you readjust my Profile, as it appears I have been reset to 2000kbps, rather than the 5000 it was at before. My sync is 6080 at the min, and has always been above the threshold for 4500 kbps.

Cheers

Chris