cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ speeds question

N/A

BB+ speeds question

I am still thinking about going to back to BB+ , having gone back to dial up in Spring, but am still confused.

There seems to be SUP, 15GB limit on usenet (?), 100/30GB on downloads, and traffic shaping.

So the questions. If a pay £15 per month:
1. Do I get full speed general internet access at 2MB should my line support it. All the time or some of the time only.
2. If I download a Linux DVD distro. from a ftp site, do I get full speed download.
3. If I download a Linux DVD distro via html, do I get full speed download.

BTW one of my colleagues is on £15 PAYG and appears to have been throttled over the last few weeks at peak times, even on general internet use. Seems a bit strange since he has to pay extra for each 1GB after the first.
2 REPLIES
N/A

BB+ speeds question

Hi,

The 15GB limit on usenet is something that PlusNet are discussing at the moment, but haven't made any official confirmation of it, as far as I know. Although, on Broadband Plus things like usenet are heavily throttled most of the time - so you wouldn't see very good speeds on it.

The SUP does not apply to Broadband Plus accounts, as far as I know - so the 100GB/30GB usage limit isn't something you need to worry about.

1. Do I get full speed general internet access at 2MB should my line support it. All the time or some of the time only.
Full speed, all the time.

2. If I download a Linux DVD distro. from a ftp site, do I get full speed download.
As far as I know, yes - you should get full speed.

3. If I download a Linux DVD distro via html, do I get full speed download.
Yes, HTTP speeds aren't affected.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

BB+ speeds question

The SUP does not apply to Broadband Plus accounts, as far as I know - so the 100GB/30GB usage limit isn't something you need to worry about.

As far as I am aware no one has reported problems with the 30GB limit on BB+ but there have been a couple of cases of users being warned for exceeding the 100GB limit as part of the general T&C