cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ <-> PAYG

Laser
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

Some customers with a low use profile have recently moved from BB+ to PAYG, a move which does not involve an "upgrade" charge, but offering better performance.

Can a PN official rep please tell me if it is a) still possible to move freely between BB+ and PAYG (and back?) without charge and b) how many times / how often it is permissable to do it? I mean, surely it isn't allowed to swap on a per-month basis? :shock: :roll:

I'm wary of making the move as my use has occasionally gone close to or over the 1GB mark, and I would make only the most minor use of the PAYG benefits. However, in recent months my use has been low, so I'm thinking about it but would like to get back to BB+ if required.
(Yes, yes, all you 100GBpm people can stop snickering now! Tongue )
10 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

Why not have PAYG with an extra Gig so it costs £16.99, then its a free upgrade I would think as you will be spending £1 more
N/A

BB+ <-> PAYG

I enquired via ticket, (efficiently dealt with), the cost of moving PAYG to BB+, £14.99 quoted. I do not pay Sky to move packages, either up or down in value. Strangely enough I can migrate to an identical package with a competitor ISP, & have a free months trial. If it is no good I could either go on to their equivalent PAYG at £1 less a month (for me, a low user) or come back to +Net with a free migration. (Own modem etc, paid in advance, free migration). Result +Net could lose me for a mere £14.99. I have not made any hasty decision as I would prefer to stay but I am thinking about it!! Smiley
mitchell20
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

I moved from Premier to PAYG without having to pay a 'down-grade' fee as I selected a PAYG with 8Gb which is the same cost as Premier (£21.99). If you move to a different account type with the cost either the same or more than your present one, you shouldn't get charged ( :?: ) although I could be wrong there. I think you can then change your required monthly bandwidth to something more suited to you, once your account has been changed over, without paying any more.

Although I'm not sure if this applys to going from a BB+ account though.

If you start the change account process online, it does tell you if you will be charged a re-grade fee when you select your required monthly bandwidth amount. Have a play with selecting different bandwidth limits and see what it says.
aeroalfie
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

Why would anyone want to move from BB+ on to PAYG then back to BB+ ?

I was on BB+ but now on PAYG, no way would I want to swap back to BB+.

If your worried about your usage just buy another GB only a squid.
LiamM
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

or come back to +Net with a free migration. (Own modem etc, paid in advance, free migration). Result +Net could lose me for a mere £14.99. I have not made any hasty decision as I would prefer to stay but I am thinking about it!! Smiley

Bear in mind that if you did do that, then you would be bound to pay the deferred inbound migration fee of £14.99 if you left within a year. Similar situation might apply also with the outbound ISP.
Laser
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

Why would anyone want to move from BB+ on to PAYG then back to BB+ ?

'Cos I'm weird? Tongue

No, seriously, it's because I'm tempted by the number of positive reports of the performance of PAYG to follow in the footsteps of others who have switched to PAYG from BB+. However, my internet behaviour profile is best suited to the BB+ package, meaning I'd be unlikely to see much advantage other than the speed on the odd occasion. In the event that my bandwidth requirements went up too much, I may want to get back onto BB+.

If I paid in advance, yes. But then I'd be paying extra each month for something I may not even use. Hence my enquiry about how much commitment is involved in a switch.
Community Veteran

BB+ <-> PAYG

If I paid in advance, yes. But then I'd be paying extra each month for something I may not even use. Hence my enquiry about how much commitment is involved in a switch.

You can always pay £1.25 afterwards if you happen to use more than the included 1GB, rather than regularly paying £1 on top every month.

The speed on PAYG is excellent - I'm on 2MBs and am at maximum speed most of the time according to various different speed tests.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Community Veteran

BB+ <-> PAYG

But then I'd be paying extra each month for something I may not even use. Hence my enquiry about how much commitment is involved in a switch.

Would it be so difficult, if on PAYG, you could arrange your large downloads to happen overnight and so not be included in your 1Gb quota?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Laser
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

you could arrange your large downloads to happen overnight and so not be included in your 1Gb quota?

What large downloads? Shocked

Sadly, I find my low-ish use of surfing around the web and downloading the occasional small demo or video just happens to run close to the 1GB turning point. PAYG is looking more attractive as time passes though...
Laser
Grafter

BB+ <-> PAYG

The speed on PAYG is excellent - I'm on 2MBs and am at maximum speed most of the time according to various different speed tests.

In fairness, the speed testers all show excellent results for BB+ too. HTTP is given high priority. It's other types of traffic that suffer.