cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ Udate To Product Usage

N/A

hi now added to the Product Usage page

Broadband Plus is not suitable for data-intensive applications such as file-sharing and large downloads. If you want to use these applications, take a look at Broadband Premier or Broadband Pay As You Go.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink

thxs
10 REPLIES
N/A

Well that wasn't there when I signed up in June.
N/A

Hi its only been added today..

thxs
N/A

Re: BB+ Udate To Product Usage

hi now added to the Product Usage page

Broadband Plus is not suitable for data-intensive applications such as file-sharing and large downloads. If you want to use these applications, take a look at Broadband Premier or Broadband Pay As You Go.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink

thxs

I would argue that neither premier or pay as you go are suitable either with the current policies in place at PlusNet.
N/A

I know, I was just making a comment.
N/A

As premier is now capped. This leaves you with no upgrade path for a suitable p2p product. Surley this is reason for leaving?

John
Azagoth
Grafter

Well, they decide to add that particular comment to the BB+ write-up at the same time as you've members of +net staff coming on here and claiming that BB+ is Ok for occassional P2P usage!

Not very professional is it?

By the way, did any BB+ users recieve an email about this? No, I didn't think so!
N/A

honestly that's really unacceptable to change the usage conditions before giving notice.
I've allready paid for my month ....if i knew i would have started migrating elsewhere before this bs had started.
i'm off.
bye all.
ceridwen
Grafter

I don't think it is fair to attack PN for changing the description for BB+ given how many have been asking PN to do this since the previous description was misleading.

However, I suspect that if PN tries to hold those who signed up to BB+ on the basis it was suitable for P2P at off peak hours to 12 month contracts and other migration penalties, they could be in trouble as such people could have a valid claim for misselling.

Moreover, it does constitute a change to the service (if not T&Cs) so PN should really inform existing customers. However, by its recent record of not informing customers of price changes (or that their account have been changed from 2Mb to up to 8Mb etc), of introduction of traffic shaping, of reintroduction of FUP (called SUP), etc. I doubt that they will.

Matthew
N/A

I think the change in description is a good thing. It makes more honest and transaprent exactly what the plus product offers. Its not a change in T&C, just a more honest piece of advertising. I see the SUP has also been added to the product description on Premier. I think this is something Plusnet should be congratulated rather than jumped on here. The only criticism I would give is that it should have been done earlier because the description had been inaccurate for some time.
N/A

that is alot more accurate description, should of been there from the start