cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ P2P best time of Night ?

petsyb
Grafter

Ok so I fell for the spin like a lot of others that BB+ would be ok for occasional P2P however it seems that meant if you are prepared to go at 15k or less

But is there a good time of day or night to use P2P on BB+ at all?

If so what speeds has anyone achieved?
21 REPLIES
N/A

I believe when ur billing date occurs and ur usage is reset onto the new shaping revision. u shud get good speeds after midnight to 8am. not 100% sure on that though
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

As far as I can tell that only applies to Premier as there are at present no defined limits for BB+. So the answer is probably that there aren't any good times and if you are light user you should switch to PAYG if you want decent download speeds
petsyb
Grafter

Can anyone who has found a good time or any of the moderators comment please ?

for BB+ of course , please don’t tell me 'if I want to use P2P then I should change my account' as I’m only after one or two large files and will probably not use P2P for another few months after/if I get them
petsyb
Grafter

Does BB+ ever have a fast P2P time

Anyone ?
petsyb
Grafter

For anyone who is interested

Downloading random well seeded torrents on a 2mb connection

7am to 1am 15k
1am to 7am 28k

:?
N/A

I had a BB+ for the first two months here. 30KB\s overnight is the fastest that you will get on torrents. The speeds you quote were the same as what I got.

So, no it doesn't ever have a fast time. Although the recent changes may alter that at your next billing date.
N/A

well around 1am till about 10am I can max out on torrents, 238 kbps ish. At peak times about 40 kbps max Wink
N/A

I'm on PREMIER and i can't get over 45kb/sec on any p2p program. through the evening I get even poorer speeds ranging around 15kb/sec.

I should have just stayed on the PLUS product.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If your speeds are that low on Premier then it's not our management that's doing it, it'll be something else.

There are so many factors that contribute to p2p performance, and our management is not one of the most significant. Also, if you have reached the start of your billing month then P2P will have a high priority and will go over our network at full speed.
N/A

My billing period ends on the 19th. P2P is pretty much unusable now (something that should take a couple of hours needs over 48 hours to complete downloading) so I have to spend my nights watching trailers on apple.com or video streams on bbcnews...it's really quite depressing.
lmhudson
Grafter

THERE IS NONE

I've tried probably every method out there, EMule / Donkey,Limewire, DC, Torrents, Usenet, IRC, Kazaa. - Peak time I could get 5k / sec. Off peak 30k/sec at best often it was 5k. I hate myself for saying this but if you want any kind of P2P download choose Premier / PAYG. (Recently updraded up to premier myself). For the last few days I have had 230K/sec external usenet off peak!
N/A

Re: THERE IS NONE

I'm on premier and i'm currently hitting a massive 25kbs/sec PEAK with torrents!!!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
lmhudson
Grafter

Torrents are based on seeding etc thus there are external facors involved Usenet is not. And I did Quote OFF PEAK. Also I have had 200+ peak (Today 12/12/05 17:00 )
N/A

i've said this in a few other threads. I get my torrents from private sites, and therefor i'm SUPPOSED to get max download speeds within a few seconds of starting the torrent.
2 weeks ago I got that, but now i've come back online the p2p speeds are dismal!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules