cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ Off peak hours

Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

I expected the off-peak period to become midnight to 4.00pm after my latest billing (today), but 8.00am still seems to be the limit. Have I misunderstood something?

Alex :?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BB+ Off peak hours

You have to have been changed to the new products before you will get 4pm -> midnight (this is separate from the MaxDSL upgrades) and you will get emailed when this has been done. PN hope by the end of April everyone will be on th new products.

There are many threads discussing this very issue so I'm surprised you have not already seen others asking the same question. I suggest you read them to get an understanding of what is or is not happening raher than have yet another thread on the same subject..
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

Thanks, Peter.

I had read some of the posts, and some of the PAYG posts, and I got the impression that the billing date following 1st April was the operative date.

Looks like I'll have to wait for PN to change me.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

BB+ Off peak hours

You should have something in your contact us ticket log is you've been changed (note also VMBU hasn't been updated yet so it still looks like the old times even when you've been updated).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

BB+ Off peak hours

Today was my billing date and right on time I got my e-mail from plusnet saying that I was now on the "up to 8MB" - although obviously I understand that this is only the package as such, and not the speed, yet. In the My Connections account settings thing, it still shows as 8am to midnight - is this what you mean by the "VMBU" (I keep seeing that little cluster of letters, but didn't know what it meant!).

If this is the case, then despite what it says, am I now on a 4pm-midnight peak time? Does this mean that anything outside of those hours doesn't count towards my total useage for the month?

Edit - oops - sorry - I've just seen petervaughan's post - this was the first one that I came to that fit the bill so I just jumped on, please don't shout!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

Following Elvin's post I checked my contact us info and had received nothing about change of any sort, either peak hours or Maxdsl, so I raised a ticket and asked the question.
I got a reply - yes, your peak time is now 4.00pm to midnight.

Great, until I check my usage stats, which still say 8.00am to midnight.

Is it just a case of waiting for the stats page to be updated, I find it extremely irritating to have to keep asking this sort of question, it reflects badly on Plusnets' ability to keep us informed at a personal level, instead of just broadcasting 'Visions for the future' type of anouncements.
N/A

BB+ Off peak hours

Have you didconnected/reconnecyed?
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

My query tp +net was asked yesterday.
My PC and Router have been off overnight.
So, yes!
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

Raised another ticket and asked which was right.

It appears I am on 4.00pm to midnight, the usage indicator is yet to be updated.

Alex
waldron
Grafter

BB+ Off peak hours

It appears I am on 4.00pm to midnight, the usage indicator is yet to be updated.

Alex

Does the reference to the usage indicator apply to everyone? I have been on PN BB+ up to 8mb since 5 April, but my usage also shows as 8am to midnight.
JonathanW
Grafter

BB+ Off peak hours

If a disconnect and then reconnect doesn't change the VMBU display for you, then its possibly being delayed due to the current issues we're having with VMBU data.
N/A

BB+ Off peak hours

It worked for me - but I'm not sure if you have to be off over a certain time before it works? I tried originally disconnecting for about 5 mins, but that didn't work, so I switched off overnight, and the next morning it was showing the correct peak times.
Yogi
Dabbler

BB+ Off peak hours

I'm still not showing the correct peak/otf-peak times nearly a month later.
I'll be keeping an eye on the situation as I move into a new billing month!