cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Connection - ticket 21224471

Andrew
Grafter

Since getting BB reconnected on 31st January I have had ongoing connection problems. Whilst my router shows that it has a connection I have no service.

I've been through the fault checker, tried an old modem, new splitter, unplugged everything else from the line etc, BT have 'reconfigured' my connection. Everything worked fine before it was disconnected by BT on 10th January, same hardware, same number, same physical line... When I do have a connection, the speed varies considerably - although this may of course be another issue!

Yesterday I added a comment to the ticket to say that I am still having problems with the connection, please check the logs and advise. Having received no update notices I logged in to view the ticket this morning to see if anyone had looked at it. It has been closed! Why? Does this mean I have to start again, again...
11 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

Hi,

It appears that your ticket was closed automatically. I have raised a new ticket on your account, Question: 21336212, referancing the old ticket and I have passed this to one of our faults guys.

Please accept our apologies. There should be an update on your new ticket at some point in the next 30 minutes or so.
Andrew
Grafter

Thanks for your help Sam.

Just out of interest... How can an open ticket get closed automatically?
sam
Grafter

Hi,

To be honest, I am not sure.

This may just be a glitch in the sytem or it may be a more widespread problem.

I have kept a note of your details and I will be looking for other examples. Tickets should not be closed until they have had no action on them for 14 days, which on your ticket was clearly not the case.
N/A

Excuse me …. Sam, one example you will know is one of mine -

that Plusnet told me "The fault ticket was closed in error by our systems."

Joy
sam
Grafter

Hi Joy,

Sorry I forgot about yours, I will add this to my list.

I have sent an alert round the call centre to try and see if this is a wide spread problem.
N/A

Just checked - it was in question 21072420:

Plusnet posted on a Sunday:
"If the problem is still happening
-------------------------------------------
Get in contact with us within 5 days. If you don't then the fault is likely to have timed out with BT. We will then need to raise a new fault case and this will delay getting your problem investigated.

And the next morning, Plusnet posted:
The broadband fault has now been closed. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.
Andrew
Grafter

Funny thing that - I had exactly the same message, BT blah blah, 5 days etc.

I actually set a reminder for 3 days so that I could be a good little boy and tell you everything was ok rather than just let it expire. Well it isn't, but rather than call the 0845 number I posted a reply to the ticket on day 2, (I even waited a while in case the problems were different and to do with the other connectivity issues that were going on). Then it got closed down automatically.

Well in 19 minutes flat this morning a new ticket was raised, fault passed on, the connection tested, fault confirmed and sent back to BT - a good result!

Can someone tell me what ras stands for / means?
sam
Grafter

Hi,

I have looked into this further and it appears that the tickets are closing when BT close the fault, this is obviously not good and has been raised as a problem.

Well in 19 minutes flat this morning a new ticket was raised, fault passed on, the connection tested, fault confirmed and sent back to BT - a good result!

Thanks, although obviously this should not have had to happen!

Can someone tell me what ras stands for / means?

Plese go to here for a definitaion of RAS.
Andrew
Grafter

Thanks for the link...

Perhaps this explains why I couldn't get a BT speed /line test to run yesterday. Validated my number, rejected my login.

If BT are supposed to keep the fault open for 5 days, how come they closed it after 2?
sam
Grafter

Hi,

It appears that they decided that this was a problem with the PSTN line and not the ADSL.

If they feel that a PSTN line problem is present, they close the fault, normally we have 5 days to respond to a clear if they cannot find a fault. We are working on having BT stop doing this and also a way of ensuring that fault tickets are not closed when a fault is closed by BT.

I was not aware of this practice until today, but hopefully we will be able to at least keep the ticket open so we can investigate/advise further.
N/A

Excuse me, Sam …. That wasn't so in my case. Smiley

Joy