Are you using XP? If so this guide should show you how:

http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/dns/changing_dns_xp.shtml

The DNS servers are

18 REPLIES
rob1969
Grafter

Azureus and 2wire firewall problems!

Hello
I installed my new 2Wire 1800HG router yesterday and all seems fine except for when I run my AZUREUS bit torrent software I now get firewalled at the bottom of the azureus screen and my torrents either stay red or sometimes go yellow,They were always green with my previous NETGEAR DG834 router.

I have tried to open ports 6112 (my chosen ports for Azureus) via TCP and UDP in the firewall options but still no joy!

Anyone have any ideas please?, I would be most grateful as I am tempted to go back to my old router and forget going wireless if this is what happens!

Thanks in advance.
Rob
rob1969
Grafter

I am also having trouble using a second pc(laptop) connected via wireless.

I just get a message saying that that the router has cached the system or words to that effect and it says I have to restart the browser but when I do it does not remedy the problem I just get the very same message.

Any help appreciated its doing my swede in!
Community Veteran

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The only issue I've noticed with this router was that when I was setting up the Mac we had in the office I had to specify the DNS servers (without it, it gave the same cached page you're seeing). Worth trying to see of it helps.
rob1969
Grafter

Cheers how would I change the settings for DNS servers please?

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Full quote of the previous post removed.]
rob1969
Grafter

Thanks but I still cant link my laptop or mobile to the wireless router, I can connect but I still keep getting the cache message and unable to browse.
Also I am no closer to getting Azureus working properly.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Full quote of the previous post removed.]
rob1969
Grafter

Im still having no joy browsing with my laptop via a wireless connection.
Please is there anyone who can help with this?

As stated above everytime I connect to my router via my laptop I just get an error message telling me the browser has cached and that I need to restart my browser but when I restart I just get the same message come up.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? It could be a few things depending on what's generating the error.
rob1969
Grafter

Cant get a screenshot but here is the message in full.

Broadband Link-Error

2WiRE

RESTART YOUR WEB BROWSER
Information
Your web browser has cached this page as a result of a previous BT1801HG system message.At this time,your local network and broadband connection are working properly.

To access the requested Web Page:close all browser windows and restart your Web Browser software. If you continue to see this page after closing all open Web Browser windows, restart your computer.

I do all the above but I still get the above message come up.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I presume you've entered the WEP key on the laptop (it should be on the bottom of the router)? If so can you post the output from the following command

start -> run -> type CMD and click OK and then

ipconfig /all
rob1969
Grafter

Yes I have entered the wep key.

The info you requested follows...

[/img]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Is that from the laptop? I'm not familiar with Realtek stuff but a quick for that card seems to show that it's ethernet rather than wireless so I'm wondering whether it's just me reading it wrong or if there's something up with the wireless card.

If that's from the desktop can you run the same command on the laptop? From subnet mask down everything should be the same (IP address will be slightly different with the last digit different).
rob1969
Grafter

No sorry thats from my PC...The laptop I was using is not here at present, but I get the same message when browsing using my Nokia N95 phone but have no idea how to this info for the mobile.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Have you tried adding the DNS servers on the phone? Point 1) here might help:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=connectivity&message.id=7269

You may just need to set the DNS servers, but you need the IP address, subnet mask and gateway use

IP address: 192.168.1.5
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.254