cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Ticket Answer Time - Question

N/A

Is this time based on how long people have to wait for the FIRST (usually useless) response, or how long people have to wait for the TICKET TO BE CLOSED/RESOLVED.

Thanks.
27 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The ticket response time is based on how long it takes for it to be replied to, if you reply back to the ticket then it will use the time from when you replied rather than when it was originally raised.
N/A

Then surely it should be marked as Average response time/Target response time rather than Average closure time/Target closure time.

It's a bit misleading, since I (and I'm sure a few other people) read it as how long it will take for the ticket to be resolved (and closed).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

That's probably a good idea and I've flagged it up internally.
N/A

I suspected that this would be the case.

In other words, it's a completely meaningless statistic since most of the "first responses" are utter drivel.

e.g.

I raise a ticket asking for some more detail on what priority a particular type of traffic gets - and get a reply hours later telling me to go to the Traffic Shaping page... Despite the fact that what I'm asking isn't on the page. Utter link:censored. And then when I reply, the time I have to wait isn't shown ANYWHERE. LOL. Hence, tickets have been open for days and days and it doesn't affect the stats at all.

The call centre stats for numbers of calls are also completely whack.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Attempt to bypass swear filter removed link:rules ]
Community Veteran

So if i raise a ticket then go back to it and update it with more detail as a follow up post then reply time is taken from when I post my update.

Does adding an update put the post further down the ticket list and mean that it's time is re-scheduled in the pn ticketing system or dose the original time stamp and original position remain.

For example:
If i post my ticket at 1pm and it's placed in the pn ticket que at say no 789 and then go back at 7pm before pn has answered and some more. Does it's position in the que change to a ticket rasied at 7pm 1078 rather than the position of the original ticket at 1pm with an update 789?

A
N/A

So if i raise a ticket then go back to it and update it with more detail as a follow up post then reply time is taken from when I post my update.

Wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT.
N/A

That's probably a good idea and I've flagged it up internally.

Would you consider posting the AVERAGE CLOSURE times as well then? Or are PlusNet not that open and honest?
Community Veteran

For example:
If i post my ticket at 1pm and it's placed in the pn ticket que at say no 789 and then go back at 7pm before pn has answered and some more. Does it's position in the que change to a ticket rasied at 7pm 1078 rather than the position of the original ticket at 1pm with an update 789?

A

No, it used to but they fixed it.
Liam
Grafter

At 7am this morning, we started the week with 0 tickets in our Customer Services and Customer Support Centre pools. I think that's pretty good going. They stand, right now, at about 200 (for both).
N/A

Is that no totally untouched tickets, or no tickets awaiting replies from PlusNet?
James
Grafter

No tickets awaiting replies that were in the CSC or Customer Services pools.
Liam
Grafter

This is where the majority of issues are resolved, we can escalate tickets from here to other departments as required, but tickets being raised almost always go into the CSC or Customer Services pools first for dealing.

It is the first time we've seen this situation in some time, and I believe it is testament to the excellent work our Agents are doing at the moment - and the new starters and recruitment drive bringing new people in on a weekly basis now.
N/A

Just for completeness/clarity, how many tickets were in each of the other pools beyond those two?

eg: does 0 tickets in those pools reflect the picture right across the entire set of pools, or are there lots of other tickets in other pools such as faults, provisioning, etc...?
James
Grafter

Those pools don't take into account tickets open for faults and provisioning. They have they're own separate pools.

Generally, when you contact the CSC, your ticket will automatically go into the Customer Support Centre, but obviously, there are different ticket paths, cancellations for example, which will autimatically go into different ticket pools.