cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic reconnection doesn'r work.

N/A

I've had this issue ever since I migrated form Pipex to Plus.Net in January of 2005.

I'm using the same router I have always used (an old Mentor thingy). The problem I have is that I have to do a router reboot whenever the connection is lost. When I was on Pipex it used to just reconnect since the PPP settings on router is set to 'Automatically Reconnect'

This has never been much of an issue as I only ever had to do it a few times in a year. However, now that I've just been regraded to MaxDSL it's obviously re-syncing occasioanlly as it finds the max stable rate. It's a pain losing the connection and having to reboot the router.

Anyone got any ideas why I might have this problem after moving to PN when it was always fine with Pipex?
4 REPLIES
N/A

I also had the same problem since switching from Wanadoo. If my connection drops the ADSL light stays on but the net connection is not working. The only way to fix it is by rebooting the router or telling the modem to disconnect then reconnect.

Strange.
N/A

I can't even do a disconnect/reconnect. If I try a PPP reconnect manually fromt he router control page then I get 'Connect - Error!'

The only way I can do it is with a soft reboot in teh control page or by a hard reset with power cycle.
N/A

I hope someone more intelligent on this matter than myself can post as I totally agree that it is annoying. Unfortunately I am not too clued up with routers etc so I am not sure if I am missing something.
N/A

Sorry no answers from me...

But I seem to have a similar problem... except mines have only started since I moved home.

I have a netgear router dg834gt. If my system loses its connection I cannot reconnect unless i do a soft boot from the router control panel.

On a seperate note, does anyone know how I can set up my connection for the internet so I can click on a logon button? currently my internet is done wirelessly and sort of just connects auto when I turn on the comp?

Hopefully we'll all get some answers...

thx