cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto connection

N/A

Auto connection

Hi I have been with PN for a few months now and have been trying to sort out why when I select my internet connection it wont just do it, I have click on the connect section of the pop up panel even if I tick the box to auto connect it doesn't stay selected for the next time I log on?

Also is it possible to set it up to connect on booting up? :?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Phil
5 REPLIES
N/A

Auto connection

I have the same problem. I recently had ADSL installed and did expect the connection to be established as soon as the PC is booted up without having to click on connect.

Is this me just being naive I wonder?
Alecto
Grafter

Auto connection

Does this thread help?
Looks like you need to add a connect shortcut to the startup folder.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Auto connection

This depends on the modem that you are using. If it is a "Dial Up" style one, then you should be able to put something in your startup folder to make it connect, unfortunately I can't remember how to do this right now!
N/A

Auto connect

I seem to have at least cured the auto connect problem by following the Plusnet instructions about possible problems with XP and putting them on the approved list for poups in the privacy settings.

Subsequently I now need to find out why when I do log on the front page of plusnet wont load without being refreshed after connecting and of course find out how to enter the log on into the startup folder:?

Phil
N/A

Auto connection

Phil,

I did some playing around last night and the following worked for me:

Put a shortcut to your dial-up connection into the start-up folder.
On the connection settings (sorry can't remember which tab its under) theres a checkbox for "prompt for user name/login" this needs to be unchecked.

This should then allow the connection to establish as part of the boot up process.

Good luck

Ron