cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Login Revisited

Fixes: 117

Auto Login Revisited

Today I have some problems again with Auto Login having reset it to 2 years. I have not run any virus, adware or other scans.

Firstly, does Auto Log-in automatically turn off if I log-out, log-in as another user then log back in again? I had to do this on my PC earlier this evening.

My first attempt at logging back in was refused (ID and Password automatically entered by windows). The second attempt (using the same details offered by Windows) was accepted.

I was logged out automatically a few minutes ago and, once again, it took two attempts to log back in with the same details each time. I found Auto Log-in turned off once again.

I have reset it again to 2 years.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Auto Login Revisited

I've never found it necessary to set it for anything like as long. I usually set it for three weeks. If I go in the the portal within the three weeks it seems to renew it to three weeks from then - so as long as I don't fail to go in for three weeks it keeps going.

Logging in as another account will definitely destroy it, as will logging in to your normal account on another PC or even on the same PC with a different browser.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fixes: 117

Auto Login Revisited

Thanks for that.

Still doesn't solve why it subsequently takes two attempts to log-in.

Not a major problem and one I won't waste sleep over Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Auto Login Revisited

Hi,

I used to see this where you had to log in twice. Have you bookmarked the page (or using the autocomplete)? If so is there a long string of random letters and numbers at the end of the URL? If there is, then this is likely why you have to login twice. Get rid of it in the bookmark and it should work fine.
jagger
Grafter

Auto Login Revisited

it's doing it to me again too.