cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticated email relay facility for roaming users

N/A

Hi, as a user who regularly has to work 'away from home' (i.e. use the Net from non PlusNet supplied facilities) I find there is one much desired feature missing:authenticated relaying.

I understand the reasons why relaying is barred from outside but it does rather get in the way when using another network. Isn't there are a way to set things up so that one can:

(a) authenticate to the mail relay to make email usable again ..

(b) make it so that the same setting can be used from 'inside' and 'outside' so that a user doesn't have to change configs all the time.

Regards, /// P ///
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I belive this has been suggested in the past - but cannot remember the outcome - i think but am no way sure they were looking into it.
batfastad
Grafter

Good idea.

I'd go for that.

Although we run exchange sbs 2003 at work so I just use our webmail.

It gives you another option - and that's what it's all about.
N/A

Yes I agree with this request. I find myself using various WiFi hotspots and my 3G card more and more when I'm travelling. It would be much more convenient if I could keep my config the same regardless of where I am.

Martin
craigbrass
Grafter

I think the outcome was that it was accepted but I wouldn't of thought it was on high priority or anything like that. An update from the comms team would be nice tho.