Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Att Plusnet support -

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Att Plusnet support -

My new billing period started yesterday (20th). Then my vmu showed the new billing period 20th jan to 19th feb but also showed that I had used over 20Gb in a few hours. I raised a ticket to complain and despite being told the reply time was around 6 hours I still haven't had a reply 15hours later. Today my vmu has gone back to the old accounting period of 20th dec to 19th jan and with the same download figures.
Does **anyone** at plusnet actually know whats happening in their setup and perhaps more to the point do any of you care.
I realise I was naughty and went over the 20Gb limit but to be this childish about it and ignore my complaints is taking thing a bit too far.

Paul
4 REPLIES
N/A

Att Plusnet support -

as far as i am aware the reset is a manual procedure at the moment and takes them a few days to catch up. To me this means they are in breach of their own rules but do PN get penalised as we the customer do when we break the rules?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Att Plusnet support -

The process is manual at the moment so it can take some time for any management to be removed from your account.

This isn't ideal by any stretch of the imagination, however it is extremely important to manage the network to provide the best service we can to the majority of our customers.

We are working very hard on automating this process so it will be a lot better for everyone however this is not a trivial task and will take some time to complete, we are hoping that this will be completed some time next month.

Your VMBU issue does sound to be different to this however, and I will now look into it.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Att Plusnet support -

Ben, Thanks for your quick reply.
Wouldn't it have been better for everyone to have got a automated system in place before intoducing the speed management. Perhaps thats being to logical.

Paul
N/A

Att Plusnet support -

wasnt possible to do that. If they had waited. then we'd have all started to see contention as the centrals were near full capacity. E.g not 1:1 contention.

IF they had allowed this then there'd have been months of trouble. Having centrals with 1:1 contention ratio is not good business practice and hence they impliemented traffic management so keep the service reasonable for as many people as possible. ok maybe not everyone. but considering the circumstances its the best they could do at the time.

They got caught out by not planning into the future :/ which is probabily PARTIALLY why were in this mess. That and the fact that traffic shaping on this scale is relativly new