cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At a loss.

N/A

At a loss.

I have been suffering from dropped/lost connections for a good 4 or 5 weeks now always during peak times i.e. the evening. It has gotten to the stage that I can stay connected for around 10 mins or so before losing connection. It can be sorted by rebooting my pc but then I lose connection again soon after.

I raised quite a few tickets about this, plusnet performed a number of line tests and they all seemed fine. So it all pointed to my hardware, I checked and double checked my equipment, switched modem's and routers even telephone extension cable only for the problem to persist. I have also performed numerous virus/spyware/adware/trojan scans and nothing is detected.

I have tried everything I can think of and I am at a loss as what could be causing the problem, any ideas folks?

Regards,
Rob.
4 REPLIES
N/A

At a loss.

I'm suffering from similar problems (not that this helps you much). It tends to happen a few times after I log on after coming home from work (sessions lasting 10 to 30 mins) although later it'll stay connected for hours.
Brickinit
Grafter

At a loss.

any chance of getting a lend of another computer just to verify that it is your hardware/software. it could be so many things you could go round in circles for months.they other thing you could try is to go into msconfig and disable anything in the start-up except the essentuals

ther you are both in scotland any chance he can borrow yer machine :lol:
N/A

At a loss.

I recently installed a new firewall namely Zone Alarm and to my suprise within a few moments of having it installed I was being hit by a barrage of warning messages saying that an external source was trying to access my pc.

When I checked zone alarm's logged I was baffled to find that I was being pinged to high hell by ip's/dns ending in plus.com. When I followed the link's the lead me to a Plusnet or Force 9 advertising page.

Anyone shed some light on this and if this is what could be causing my connection problems?
N/A

At a loss.

See this thread for firewall explanation - it's not what's causing your other problems. http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20354&highlight=

Moderators note (John) Quote removed. Please do not quote the preceding post in full.