cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance sorely sought

N/A

Assistance sorely sought

I've noted from these forums that some PlusNet users have had their ongoing problems successfully resolved on this forum. I have tried repeatedly going through PlusNet and raising ticket(s) and have even had direct phone conversations with PlusNet team members.

I'm purposely going to just deal with facts and leave out my anger, angst, disappointment and frustration to try and gain a resolution!

In a nutshell, I have been without any broadband since the end of November 2006 - I am not able to even intitiate Dial-Up! Phone line is operating fine.

As a result any email contact to PlusNet is restricted to while I am at work and not in front of my home PC.

Essentailly the fault is that I am not gaining synchronisation.

I have moved the PC downstairs to the master socket, replaced router with a modem, swapped filters, changed cables and retested whilst all telephony devices are removed.

PlusNet initiated tests by BT suggest that I do not have a fault. A BT engineer has not been out.

I am happy to provide any ticket numbers or data contained within those if that helps anyone make a diagnosis.

I have been a PlusNet customer for two years and have previously raved about there customer service.

ANY ideas or input is going to be really gratefully received! But please be aware that I am at work and away from the home PC.

Thanks,
Pete
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Assistance sorely sought

Hi Pete,

I've pased your fault back to BT with notes qualifying how we believe this to not be a fault at your end and have requested that they agree to send an engineer.
N/A

Assistance sorely sought

Cheers James, just spotted it on the latest ticket.

Appreciate your input greatly.

Pete
Community Veteran

Assistance sorely sought

I was about to say, it looks like you have gone through all the steps you can to try and fix this yourself. Next step is to get an engineer to have a look.

If your engineer visit is anything like mine a few months ago, the fault will fix itself 5 minutes before they turn up :lol:

Good luck.
N/A

Assistance sorely sought

Q. Can someone explain why I can not even get Dial Up to work?
decomplexity
Rising Star

Assistance sorely sought

When you dial the backup number 08451400101 from your house phone, do you get the usual modem 'whines'?
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
N/A

Assistance sorely sought

Message for James Bailey.

Hi James,

You were most helpful in finally forcing a BT engineers appointment (next Tues as it happens).

I just happened to check my open ticket today, to discover to my horror that the PN Support Team have unbelievable asked for yet another test to be reapeated and have set the whole process seemingly back to square one!!!!

TWO MONTHS of absolutely no broadband service and still the nightmare continues!

WHATS GOING ONHuh I am at my wits end.... your assistance very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
James
Grafter

Assistance sorely sought

Pete,

Given that you have an engineer booked, I would merely reply to the ticket stating the time that this has been arranged for.
N/A

Assistance sorely sought

I have already responded, but I am fearful that the BT engineers visit may already have been struck off?!!

If you can allay my fears before I leave work at 6pm (and with it internet/email access) I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,
Pete
James
Grafter

Assistance sorely sought

If the engineer visit with you was already confirmed, it will not have been called without your request.
N/A

Assistance sorely sought

Yes it was confirmed.

Appears to be a case of "too many cooks".... lets hope it doesn't "spoil the broth!" Sad

Appreciate your reply and don't doubt your word, however I will make a point of getting access to a third party PC tomorrow and check for a reply from support team.

After two months and still no solution, sadly one becomes somewhat cynical.

Thanks again,
Pete