cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking a question online

Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Asking a question online

I'm trying to ask a question about domain names/web hosting and I just keep on getting put into a loop online.

Does anyone know of a way?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Asking a question online

Frustrating isn't it.

Why not ask here, we may know and you are likely to get an answer much quicker.

If you really really want to use the question system....

Help & support
Technical Support
Domains

Click any of the items that are relevant and check if the pop-up help pages helps. If not, close the pop-up then click 'Alternatively, ask your question to the Support Team' and enter your question.

Then wait a day or 3 for an answer.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Asking a question online

I'd like to use my webhosting to host two seperate websites? Is this possible?
Community Veteran

Asking a question online

yes you can host multiple domains but not all accounts support hosting domains. Depending on your account type you can host between 0 and 5 domains.

You can point each hosted domain to a separate folder in your www webspace but if you need to use your ccgi webspace, they will all point to your root folder and you will have to use something like .htaccess mod_rewrites to get them pointing to separate directories.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

Asking a question online

Thank you very much for your help Peter.

I'm guessing I can also use e-mail addresses with the domains? If so, where can I set them up and where can I find out what the POP setting will be?
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Asking a question online

I too have just experienced the impossible navigation of the so-called help system.

My domain name was due to expire on 4/8/06 and I wanted to raise a ticket to enquire if it has been renewed and if so why was the domain web page still showing 4/08/06 expiry. I am paying £1/month for this and asked for ongoing renewal.

There was no way to raise a question without going through the wizard. The old system allowed you to post a ticket without using the wizard if none of the topics were appropriate. I have had to select a “Billing” problem to get the ticket into the system even thought it is a domain question not a billing problem.I then get the option to ask the support team but the ticket is flagged a "Billing" problem. Why can't we go to this option directly?

It seems the only way to raise non-wizard questions is to use this forum and hope for a PlusNet person to look at it.
Community Veteran

Asking a question online

You don't get seperate email mailboxes with domains on PlusNet.

You can have fred@domain1.com and fred@domain2.com but they are actually both pointing to your fred@username.plus.com mailbox and you collcet email from that mailbox using username+fred and its password.

You setup named mailboxes under Email settings (on left).

See the help pages for setting up mailboxes for domains.