cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you leaving Plusnet?

N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I have noticed that a lot of people are just posting saying that they are leaving Plusnet , so I thought it might just be easier to have one thread and a poll to see who is really leaving and how many are due to leave
77 REPLIES
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I'm leaving once my exchange gets enabled for 24mb. Already placed the order with Be. Gotta wait until August though. Posting this as there wasn't an option there for 'Leaving within 6 months'
Community Veteran

Are you leaving Plusnet?

you forgot 'I''m not happy with PN but I'm not leaving'
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I'm not happy either, but personally I think its too soon to jump ship, atleast my billing seems ok. I have jumped from Tiscali to PN on a recommendation, but have found them to be just as bad, and am reluctant to jump again.
holdtight
Grafter

Are you leaving Plusnet?

you forgot 'I''m not happy with PN but I'm not leaving'

Indeed and i would have chosen that as an option but despite the things im not happy about i still get an excellent service from plusnet so no im not leaving
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

An excellent service? Have you tried to raise a ticket recently?
Community Veteran

Are you leaving Plusnet?

If you don't have a problem there would be no need to raise a question or ring support (which is how I would always want my ADSL service to be). So the fact that the ticket/phone system is pants would not change the situation regarding the ADSL connection they have.

Having an excellent service is still possible if you have never been affected by the walls crumbling around you Wink
craiglay
Grafter

Are you leaving Plusnet?

How about an "happy ish"

Then again, i have never had to contact CS since I started with PN over a year ago, have a supremely stable 2Mb connection with a router, rarely seen less than 1600kbps on a speed test.. I very often see a full 230K a second on Bittorrent, etc...

Email was a bit of a pain earlier in the week, but usuable if I tried hard enough.

From whats around at the minute, and the "unlimited" fine print in many ISP's and the direction of UK broadband, its not worth jumping really. If you do jump, MaxDSL will probably continue to haunt you.

I'm just a little worried about if it all goes wrong.
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

considering most people come in here to complain, interesting result
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

We all know that PN been having a few problems lately, ....like my VMBU not resetting for the 3rd month !!, but I am sure PN will sort them out as soon as pos....so for now, I will persevere :? .
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I would like to leave, but only have 10 months left in my current house. When I move so does my ISP, cant really sign a new contract for a year elsewhere.

It will take longer for Plusnet to get better, especially as it didnt take long for them to become crap.
Community Veteran

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I feel part of something here to some extent. I also feel that I share many of plusnets foibles. IE I try to do the right thing, but sometimes get it wrong, but at the end of the day, I am still trying to do the right thing!
I think they are the same. [Call me naive if you will]
I will stay!
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

Customer since October 2004, and all was fine until I was hit with serious technical issues two months ago.

My connection is completely down (my broadband has been out since May 16th and counting, I kid you not), and yet, despite this I stayed faithful to PlusNet for 6weeks, waiting in the hope they'd fix it.

But after 6weeks wait (including dozens of cryptic Help Assistant procrastinations, and over 7 calls to the helpline - waiting on average 35-40mins each time!), I realised that my fault was nowhere near to being fixed. Meanwhile, PlusNet happily charging me monthly for a service they weren't providing! So, I gave my notice. I'm outta here!

If only through all this saga they'd acted like they wanted to keep me as a customer... What a pitiful excuse they have for "customer service".

I'm told they have no plans (code of practice says they don't have to) to refund me for the 6weeks when I was paying for nothing... They intend to continue to charge me for the 30-day notice period (starting from my cancellation date), during which my connection remains out. And best of all, PN have no plans to fix my problem as I am cancelling my account. Talk about a catch22. Sad

Suffice to say that I'm telling everyone I know to stay away from PlusNet.
:!:

Q: Anybody else experienced a continuous connection fault as long as this?
Community Veteran

Are you leaving Plusnet?

On the whole I'm happy with plusnet as they provide a good solid connection but areas are in dire need of improvement. Mainly email and support. Email is extremely unreliable of late and the support systems are crap atm However plusnet say they are working to improve them so since I don't have to use support that often I'm happy to accept that so long as results with support are seen over the next couple of months and e-mail much sooner.

My only real concern at the moment is when they get support sorted will the pattern of late - that one problem gets resolved then we lurch straight to another - continue and what will it be this time are we already seeing it with the e-mail problems?
N/A

Are you leaving Plusnet?

I am new to Broadband, and used +net on a recomendation. I have had no broadband for over a week. Can not get hold of +net. Raised a ticket, this is being ignored. What can one do but leave, yet I have a long time left on my contract. Must I continue paying +net for something I am not recieving?
What is my recoarse?