cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you happy with PlusNets NNTP / P2P speeds

N/A

Due to the poor NNTP (UseNet) / P2P speeds on premier i am intending on leaving once my years contract ends. I am curious just how many people the traffic shaping has effected.

I download from Easynews.com and have noticed my speeds drop from 232kb/s constant to just 28kb/s - 5kb/s. Other P2P programs such as Ares Galaxy / Limewire are also now performing poorly. Do you think this is acceptable for a £21.99 a month service?.
3 REPLIES
N/A

36 say the want to leave PlusNet asap and 6 say the speed throttling is acceptable. Thats a good indication of the kind of negative feelings people now have towards PlusNet.

Perhaps someone should write to adslguide.org.uk, Micro Mart and the Register.co.uk explaining the scenario. A good bit of bad publicity always forces a compnay to re-think its strategy.
N/A

36 say the want to leave PlusNet asap and 6 say the speed throttling is acceptable. Thats a good indication of the kind of negative feelings people now have towards PlusNet.

Perhaps someone should write to adslguide.org.uk, Micro Mart and the Register.co.uk explaining the scenario. A good bit of bad publicity always forces a compnay to re-think its strategy.

I think Ofcom should be notified as well.
Seeing as Plusnet are so blind they don't see how many people they are upsetting, then the complaints should go to the regulatory body. There are a lot of Plusnet customers unaware of what they are doing as well. How can we make them all aware? Plusnet think their sitting pretty with 140,000 customers and a high level of customer ignorance equals happiness, but if awareness reaches all those other customers then we may yet see a massive swing against the current policy.
What do plusnet think of you the customer - innovative traffic management for stock exchange approval - I don't think they even use the word customer any more.
Community Veteran

There are already plenty of places where these issues are under discussion please add your conversation to those threads.

Chris