cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there monkeys working in plus nets finance department

N/A

For two months now how come i am told in a snotty email that my payment via credit card has been declined yet when i click arrange payment using the same credit card details in my account settings the payment is successfully accepted.

They managed it ok for the first two months of my subscription but not the last two.

However, it has taken since 10 june and this problem has still not been sorted out even after numerous communications pointing out the facts to plus net.

Anyone else had this?
18 REPLIES
N/A

what sort of credit card is this?

Also, might sound stupid but the card isn't conflicting with old primary/secondary payment cards in "your account" settings are they?
N/A

Its mastercard and the only card details i have ever entered since first subscribing
N/A

Have you received a new card recently, if so the expiry date and 3 digit security number will need to be updated for the records that PN hold for your card.
N/A

card is not a new one. is same one i used to register with and the same one that i, yesterday, paid for my monthly subscription with. I had no difficulties in having payment accepted from the credit card details on my account so i cannot see why PN are having dificulties their end. The credit card company have advsied that they never received a request for payment from PN in the month of May.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've flagged this to our finance team for immediate attention, your ticket should be updated shortly.
N/A

I dont appear to have heard any further from anyone at Plus Net. It has been nearly a week since your finance team were advised of these problems for the second time. Can you please let me know what is happening and when i can expect the problems to be resolved
ID
Grafter

Hi

I've flagged this to our finance team for immediate attention, your ticket should be updated shortly.

So glad i dont work in CS or similar. I respect you posting in this thread, cuz if i saw the topic and worked for PN, i would have gone straight past it :p

There is no need for name calling no matter what problem you may have!
N/A

You originally flagged this problem on the 3 July to your finance team for immediate attention. I apologise if the title of this topic was offensive in anyway but after having my broadband service suspended two months running for a problem which is apparently a fault at PN's end it becames somewhat frustrating. Especially when i was assured that the problems would be sorted out after i brought them to PN's attention when hey happened the first time.

I pay all my accounts/bills promptly and therefore expect to be able to use the services hassle free.
N/A

I have the opposite problem, they're taking money from my cards that isn't authorised.
N/A

And here we are once again. No further forward PN have still not sorted the problems of obtaining payment for my subscription. this has now been going on for 3 months and all i keep being told is the matter is being looked into by one department or another but no one has actually sorted the problem.
N/A

Get used to it. The same happens when you log a technical problem.
Laugh
Grafter

This could be an extremely damaging post.

Calling the CS monkeys probably might not be the most constructive and well thought out method of pursuing the issue but it certainly has impact ! Wink

What is damaging here is that a PN Rep has publicly stated that this issue will be looked at and several weeks later nothing has happened. Reading the other posts on this forum, this seems to be the norm of late, despite high level releases stating that support tickets are now down to 72 outstanding etc.

The OPs bank has said that no request for money was submitted, yet PN are chasing for a rejected payment? Who is lying here?

The other issue of someone having money taken from their card for no reason is tantamount to theft in my opinion. Probably not legally justifiable, but it would certainly be something that was cause me to reconsider my options with the ISP.

This is extremely serious PN. Somebody should be investigating urgently.
N/A

Dear Sir.

We notice that you have logged a ticket regarding payments to PlusNet.
We are looking in to this issue.

Whilst we do so, could you please reboot your credit card and ensure you have plugged your bank in to your master socket with nothing else connected.

Please leave your credit card plugged in for the next 12 weeks whilst we run tests on your account.

We will get back to you once hell has frozen over.

Regards
familycolvin
Grafter

Nice one sabennett.

My experience with accounts departments generally, and PN accounts dept in particular, is that they grind very slowly.

Excitement for them is the month end :lol:

I have finally got them to agree a refund on a small overcharge which I was perfectly happy for them to post as a credit to the then current months account. But no, they have billed me in full and will now repay the overcharge by a separate BACS transfer to my account.

Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

As to Smudgie's original problem. If that is not weird, what is?

From the length of time to get an answer, even when the problem was prioritised, I suspect that PN accounts are completely baffled, have probably put in a call to the supplier of their accounting software, who is just as baffled.

However whatever the problem someone should have al least come up with a work around by now.

As an ex auditor these two anomalous actions have got my antennae seriously twitching: I can’t help suspect that PN must have a very clunky accounting package, and thus should now be prioritising upgrading to a package which is more capable, and more robust.

Or is it that age old chestnut: it is a home grown package but the programmer who wrote it has moved on so no one really understands it, and no one wants to touch it in case they make the situation worse?

If my remote diagnosis is anywhere near correct, either way they will have to bite the bullet, and the sooner the better.

If they wait until the system collapses around them, then not only will it be harder to replace, but there is a real risk that they could suffer a major financial loss.