cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the products changing again or something?

benskia
Grafter

Just wondering, 'cos I noticed that sticky topic about product announcements.
Sorry to not have the time to go searching around for information about what exactly is happening, but could some1 please explain if anything is going to happen to the premiere accounts?

Preferably something short and to the point, and no sales marketing stuff or over the top techie details.

And what are the download limits again on this package at the moment?Huh
8 REPLIES
N/A

Short and to the point. If you were happy about the previous annoucement peak time was moving to 4pm till 12, you were as wrong as we were.

For what was previously the 2Mbit or less,

Monthly, 10G peak till you hit quicksand, cross 30G twice ever and move ISP, unlimited off peak.
N/A

YEs

- peak time reduced from 8am-0000 to 4pm-0000
- clean usage reduced from 20GB to 15 in accorance to this change in time,
- first 10GB peak clean., next 5 shaped. After which p2p/usenet Blocked rest of traffic is at 512K
- speed increase up to 8mbit
- 100GB SUP policy removed but they wont want u using 2 much offpeak. aka 100+

I think thats sort of correct.
Current limits 30GB peak / 100GB total peak 4pm-0000
20GB clean to usage for p2p/usenet/ftp during 8am-0000

Thinks thats mostly correct
N/A

From what I understood, the new "basic" premier package (2mb) can only hit 10gb per month before it starts getting throttled?

If thats right, then its ludicrous - glad I'm only on a monthly contract and can jump (sinking) ship ASAP.
N/A

Actually after reading it through again one place says 10gb and another 15gb?

Whatever, my product has been downgraded, yet I'm still expected to pay the same?
N/A

Actually after reading it through again one place says 10gb and another 15gb?

Whatever, my product has been downgraded, yet I'm still expected to pay the same?

10GB peak time usage then the brakes are applied when you reach 15GB P2P etc stops
N/A

Old product:
Total Usage: 100gb
Peak Usage: 30gb (4pm till 12am)
'Clean to' FTP/P2P: 20gb (8am till 12am). After 20gb you had speed restrictions applied.

New product:
Total Usage: none given, told '100gb about right as wholesale costs not changed'
Peak usage remains at 4pm till 12am.
0-10gb transfer during 4pm till 12am - Line speed
10-15gb - management applied and connection throttled
15gb and more - 512kbps speed during peak for ALL protocols (4pm till midnight), FTP/P2P blocked.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out we've had our peak usage thirded from 30gb down to 10gb.
N/A

It really is a shame, I've been very happy with PN since I joined them and the premier account really does suit my use very well.

But I will now have to look at what other ISPs have on offer as I dont much fancy the idea my speed dropping back to 512kbps.
suec45
Grafter

and so it gets worse.....

Usenet dissapearing, another few gigs knocked off P2P allowance, wonder whats in store for the next few months?

I keep saying that I wont leave unless it gets worse, and it keeps geting worse, but I am still here, I guess it wont be long now before I finally get my ass into gear. :x