cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the new Premier accounts available effective today?

N/A

I went from 1MB Priemier to 1MB Premier 30GB FUP today my billing date has moved from the 13th to the 17th and my usage has been reset but it says I've usage this month 0.28GB and usage today (Mon 4th) 1.99GB

What's that all about?Huh
11 REPLIES
N/A

Are the new Premier accounts available effective today rather than April 11th? They are available to select on the Upgrade pages, apparently. However I don't want to upgrade now if the effective date will be next week, since my billing date is tomorrow. Could PN confirm whether it will go through from my next billing date, i.e. tomorrow, rather than April 11th as previously announced?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You can change to the new accounts from today. If you are upgrading then the new account comes into effect immediately, downgrading then it happens on the day before your next billing date.

The fair usage policy doesn't come into effect for another week yet.
N/A

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm on Lite at the moment. So if I upgrade to Premier today, this current month will be on Premier terms and I won't be charged for usage this month over and above the Lite allowance I prepaid for? Billing date is April 6th.
parish
Grafter

You can change to the new accounts from today.

Dave, I think it was you who said a while ago something like "we hope/expect BT to relax the line limits".

Have you heard anything from BT about this yet or is "the maximum speed your line will support, up to 2Mbps" still based on the line checker database?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I'm on Lite at the moment. So if I upgrade to Premier today, this current month will be on Premier terms and I won't be charged for usage this month over and above the Lite allowance I prepaid for? Billing date is April 6th.

If you upgrade to Premier today then for the next of the month (i.e. today and tomorrow) you will be on Premier. The billing system will take a pro-rata payment for the remainder of the month (the difference between your current and new subscription amounts per day times number of days left in the month) (probably about 50p or something silly). Your next billing date you'll then be charged the full amount for the Premier account you've chosen.
N/A

Hi Dave just seeking some clarification for me.

Your reply implies that for my situation as my billing date is approx 29th of each month if I changed to my new billing rate (from £29.99-21.99) that for the 5/6 days since my last billing date to today I will be charged at the old rate and from today till the next billling date it would be @ the new rate....or have I misunderstood what u have posted?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

If you are downgrading then the new rate will apply from your next billing date and you will be on the old rate (since that's what you've already paid for) until the next billing date.
N/A

Ta Dave, my intial understanding was correct (the way u have just explained it) I thought (hoped) I had got it wrong ....... back to plan A and FUP change just b4 billing date.
N/A

Well, I just upgraded from a lite package (14.99+4gb=18.99) to the 30gb-21.99 package at no fee (keeping the same speed).

I'll wait for MaxDSL.

Now if only these packages were available last month before my kids went on hols. Cheesy
glloyd
Rising Star

That's not quite right. I regraded this morning and my usage monitor was reset straight away and my billing date moved from the 18th to the 2nd.

Hi,

You can change to the new accounts from today. If you are upgrading then the new account comes into effect immediately, downgrading then it happens on the day before your next billing date.

The fair usage policy doesn't come into effect for another week yet.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Unfortunately there was a problem specific to your account so Dave had to action the chnage differently. Normally it happens as Dave described.