cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are plusnet blocking any P2P sites?

N/A

Many users are complaining that there is an usual amount of P2P sites that appear to be down, and that IE can not connect to them, but on other ISP providers the web page pops up and all is fine. So are there any P2p sites that are currently being blocked? As the rumour mill is claiming plusnet and force 9 are blocking some torrent P2p sites.

15 REPLIES
N/A

Nope, No sites are blocked by Plus Net (aka Force9)

SuperNova.org is having problems, which is why many people cannot get to it.
N/A

\o/ thank god for that :-) Off to spread the good news :-)
N/A

Its just SN (who I belive you are refering to) have had server problems, they have changed things at their end but sadly not every DNS server on the net knows about the changes yet.
N/A

Hiya chaps.

Well i don't really use P2P much nowadays,
but i have been having lots of trouble using chat embedded within sites, the site loads and not the chat.. (i have contacted the webmaster and its only me)
i clear out my cache, reboot, then repeat, it works then stops working,
some days are good, most are bad. the chat waill say loading.." and not load.
Even on uboot.com just to launch the default page can be difficult, i get cannot find server, and have to hit reload several times before it caches and loads.. sometimes i just get a white webpage, with no images loaded, and a reload is needed alot, Im not sure if PlusNet are blocking ports, would they tell me if they were?.
But i think the Sheffield DNS im on isn't working too well, can someone please post the other PlusNet DNS servers, not the Sheffield ones ie: 212.159.13.49 /50 is there any better DNS servers?.

This may be my problem.
Thanks.
N/A

I know for a fact that suprnova is up and running. I checked at work but there wasn't anything interesting up for download. It wouldn't surprise me if they were blocking the site because after all SN is promoting illegal filesharing. At present I still can't access SN from my PC at home. As I said before the site is fine from work, hmmm....
N/A

It wouldn't surprise me if they were blocking the site because after all SN is promoting illegal filesharing.

Nope It's not being blocked and as I already stated, no sites are being blocked by PN and finally the SN site has been known to be having some problems.

Aaron
N/A

Suprnova is working on BT Yahoo, Wanadoo and AOL so hopefully we'll be able to get it again very soon.
N/A

funny how every other isp dosent have a problemHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
csogilvie
Grafter

3 of the DNS servers have now updated to the new IP as far as I can tell, the fourth doesn't appear to as yet, but I should imagine it will do soonish.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ipconfig /flushdns from dos helps
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

funny how every other isp dosent have a problemHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Blueyonder are also reporting to ahve had this trouble too.
N/A

everyone on blue yonder I know were downloading all day :-) Also its mad how soon as people kick off in the forum it magically comes back roflmao :-)
hows that for luck :-)

Well I'm just glad SN is back :-)
mbooth
Dabbler

funny how every other isp dosent have a problem

Suprnova have just posted the following:

We are aware that a lot of your friends or even your cannot access SuprNova without a proxy. The problem is with our servers and we are still working on it.
Once again we are sorry and we're doing our best to get this solved!

So it would appear to be a problem with them and not the ISP.
N/A

yep I read it on their site too :-)