cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my daily up/down figures right?

Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Just checked my usage, and find it saying that I've used 6.32 Gb today alone and think that this may be wrong. I am downloading a DVD on a torrent and have been since 18:00 last night. This is the only thing I've been doing since then.

Bit tornado says that I've downloaded4478.38Gb and Uploaded 1545.69Gb, which Doesn't make 6.32.

Also remember that 16% of that total was taken between 18:00 and midnight last night. I know there is a 2 hour delay in getting the figures onto the net, but I feel this total is wrong.

Is there any way that this total can be checked?

Whatever happened to the upload / download seperation software that was supposed to be introduced at the time of FUP? Has that gone the same way as FUP?

TIA

Dave...happy with the service...so far...

www.dimeadozen.org
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Sounds about right to me. It's just over 6Gb the figures you give from Bit Tornado. And it's not hard to use up the other few hundred megs.
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Sounds about right to me. It's just over 6Gb the figures you give from Bit Tornado. And it's not hard to use up the other few hundred megs.

Even when you factor in the 16% from yesterday and the fact I've been at work all day today and so no surfing was done?

Dave
hitachi
Grafter

Are you taking into account a plusnet Gb is 1000 mb, is a bit tornado Gb 1024 ?
suec45
Grafter

You forget all the little connections that bitorrent makes to each client as its downloading, it also has to check that what it has recieved is correct adding more.

When you download 6gb you will actually use a bit more because of these checks/handshakes etc.

It sounds correct.
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

OK, cool. No biggie, just thought things looked a bit funny and, with this happening on a daily basis that'd be a lorra lorra extra download!

Dave