cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are email delays still happening?

N/A

Can anyone confirm that the email problems aren't just limited to not being able to download them from the server? When it does work I'm still getting emails sent two days ago amongst ones sent an hour or two ago. I know that some emails haven't actually arrived at all.

Is anyone else still experiencing delays as PlusNet seem to think that this was fixed?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Seems so. Have just received a couple of notices from eBay that items I was watching were about to run out (three days ago) :roll: Useful :!:
Grimbo
Grafter

Can anyone from Plusnet advise how long before I get the emails I was sent yesterday?

They have asked us not to contact support so presumably this is our only way to get answers!
N/A

I am still getting delays and timeouts, even though the fault is supposedly fixed. I am also getting torrents of junk mail along with my normal mail.
Wordsmith
Grafter

Email delays

There are certainly timeouts - they started yesterday for me.

As for junk mail - yes - it is increasing and I'm wondering if this is the problem for the servers. Perhaps Support could say whether this is a factor?

I've been using Mailwasher for a few weeks (free) and although it's weeding out some spam, there just seems to be more and more to take it's place!

I'm not sure that changing ISP is the answer to the problem but it sure is frustrating. I think I'll be acting like a nerd during the coming festivities and asking about other people's email experiences with their ISPs Shocked)
bobbygeorge
Grafter

service status says resolved !!

not from where i'm sitting ..

server timouts for the last hour ..

omg, :shock:
N/A

Are these delays connected with spam filtering?

Will turning it off speed mail up?

Seeing as it seems to be just randomly tagging legit emails as 'spam', it's currently worse than useless.
N/A

Re: Email delays

I'm not sure that changing ISP is the answer to the problem but it sure is frustrating. I think I'll be acting like a nerd during the coming festivities and asking about other people's email experiences with their ISPs Shocked)

Here's a suggestion, buy a domain name from 123-Reg (£6.09 for 2 years) and you can redirect your email to a different account any time you need to. Obviously, you'll need to get everyone you know familiar with your new domain email address but you can keep it for life, even if you move ISP's any time.

Last night I switched redirects to two of my Plusnet accounts to my spare O2 and Freeserve accounts and my important emails are coming through again.
sanderton
Grafter

I'm still getting delays.

I think they've made a rod for their own back by making it easy to create a valid return address for spam along the lines of anything@username.plus.com. I have an outlook filter which dumps anything which doesn't come in addressed to a real e-mail address and it's catching LOADS.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you set up mail boxes for all the valid email addresses (or forward them all to one mailbox), you can ask Plusnet to blackhole everything else so that you never see it. (Don't forget you need a mailbox/forward for postmaster).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

server timouts for the last couple of hours, again!
kreynolds
Grafter

seeing time outs again. seems fine up to 16:00 and then goes down the swanee