cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

( Are You Angry With +Net ?)

Metalguru
Grafter

...according to Neil Armstrong, quoted in the Yorkshire Post on Wednesday. He said that there were no angry customers on the discussion boards and that PlusNet have seen no change in the rate of cancellations or migrations.

Now Have Your Say.

Your Views Count.
164 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Certainly looking like there's more than 2 unhappy ones - so I wonder if Neil is a) living in a dream world or b) lying through his teeth.
N/A

Hi,

The changes to the PlusNet T&C's (also F9 & FOL) and the whole "idle time out" issue has been very badly handled by +Net management and continued enforcement of this policy shows how heavy handed its become. Its uttely obvious that it has & will upset users, make users very angry and cause users to leave. This is why I say its a BAD policy idea.

**Sadly the fact is IT DIDNT have to be like this, it could have been handled and managed in a far more user friendly (sorry! about the cliche) way, a more general clause could have been something like:-

Plusnet reserves the right in extreme circumstances such as a major service outage or extreme loss of capacity or loss of sessions, as a last resort to disconnect some users where their connection has remained idle for the last 30mins. This will only be used as a last resort and users who are affected should be able to reconnect with immediate effect afterwards.

**Such wording would I suggest be far more helpful

**PlusNet havent even encountered this problem, their anticipating a situation that HASN'T EVEN HAPPNED for pete's sakes!! Exasperation to say the least!!

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
The True power of knowledge is when its shared.
N/A

Re: ( Are You Angry With +Net ?)

...according to Neil Armstrong, quoted in the Yorkshire Post on Wednesday. He said that there were no angry customers on the discussion boards and that PlusNet have seen no change in the rate of cancellations or migrations.

I am about to contact the Yorkshire Post and ask them to print a correction as the quote by Neil is clearly unfactually true.
N/A

Sad i would like to migrate away for free

yes i kno about their silly terms and that i do have to pay.

the fact that they dont do partial refunds i guess i'll have to wait
LiamM
Grafter

However, it is factual that that is what he said, so I doubt they would print a correction. They might print a follow up if lots of customers contact the reporter to dispute what was said. That would make quite good news.
N/A

**Sadly the fact is IT DIDNT have to be like this, it could have been handled and managed in a far more user friendly (sorry! about the cliche) way, a more general clause could have been something like:-

Plusnet reserves the right in extreme circumstances such as a major service outage or extreme loss of capacity or loss of sessions, as a last resort to disconnect some users where their connection has remained idle for the last 30mins. This will only be used as a last resort and users who are affected should be able to reconnect with immediate effect afterwards.

**Such wording would I suggest be far more helpful

**PlusNet havent even encountered this problem, their anticipating a situation that HASN'T EVEN HAPPNED for pete's sakes!! Exasperation to say the least!!

judging by a quote from the "Idle Time Out / Immediate Reconnection ?" thread, the policy is not just a crisis management system. it also appears to be a general method of optimising use of "segments of bandwidth" so that idle users are not monopolising a particular segment..
N/A

After being messed around with payments and overcharging, this is the final straw. I'm cancelling my service immediately.

Well done + dot net.
N/A

After being messed around with payments and overcharging, this is the final straw. I'm cancelling my service immediately.

Well done + dot net.
I migrated months agao but they haven't cacnelled my account.

They are tossers - of that there is no doubt.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

That's not what Neil has said. I have a copy of the Yorkshire Post article with me here. What was said in the Yorkshire Post is as below:

Mr. Chapman has alleged that the company has been besieged by angry customers, but yesterday Mr Armstrong said the group had seen no change in cancellation rates.
Community Veteran

Ben hate to be pedantic but Neil also said:

It's a storm in a teacup, two out of 125,000 customers are un happy.

http://www.horsey.pjmhost.net/horsetransportsearch/YorkshirePost.gif

I think you will find that there are more than just 2 unhappy customers therefore, Neil was either ignorant of the truth and needs bringing up to speed or lied.
N/A

I agree more than 2 people are unhappy.

But out of those, why are they unhappy?

Because of the T&C changes, or because of the removal of 2 users?

The news article is based on the story of the 2 users.
N/A

Mr. Chapman has alleged that the company has been besieged by angry customers, but yesterday Mr Armstrong said the group had seen no change in cancellation rates.

that's not the entire relevant quote. there's also "It's a storm in a teacup. Two out of 125,000 customers are unhappy"

edit: beaten

judging by that ratio plusnet must have millions of customers or he is not counting as customers those who have requested MACs or been kicked off.
N/A

Neil was either ignorant of the truth and needs bringing up to speed or lied.

or perhaps +Net management are either "in denial" or hoping these issues will blow over e.g. storm-in-a-teacup... methinks that ain't going to happen. :roll:
painswck
Grafter

yes Ben was being somwhat selective with his version of the truth again.

Philip your query of why the more than two people are unhappy is totally irrelevant to this thread. The fact that there were more than two is the point. You are just trying to derail things again.