cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet TOTALLY useless !!!!!!

N/A

I've been left plusnet little over 2 month, moved onto pastures new - I contacted them and received my mac key and asked to cancel...

Then I get a letter through the door demanding payment or they are taking me to recovery company WTF is going on !!!!!

I came to plusnet with my own gear, and left after the year and left because of the new rules - I thought I had seen the last of this bloody outfit...

I'm forwarding the letter to www.theregister.co.uk people need to be warned about this stupid company !

SORT this out now plusnet before I forward this to my solicitor !!!!!

46 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Assuming you actually didn't have any contractual obligations - did you give 30 days notice and allow any payments to be made during this time?
N/A

Stated that I was leaving because of the new rules (it was around were we had until the 16th to reply) I had no money outstanding, received my mac key and migrated to Freedom2surf ..

then I receive this !!!!!
N/A

I think the problem is for some Bizarre reason the account had not been cancelled and you continued to try and Thieve money off me after I left !!!!

I'm tempted to call the police !!!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

@gscatering

You are required to provide 30 days notice following the request for your MAC key. Any billing that falls in this notice period is taken in full. It appears that the letter relates to a payment that was due during this period.

If you require further details then don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Bob

Do you remember when we got the emails and you asked us if we do not agree to the new rules we were allowed to leave and had until the 16th to to this..

Well I did !

By doing this I DONT need to give a months notice -- The Answer you should have given was " I'm sorry but we did not cancel your account " even though you had left for another Internet Provider !!!!

My Plusnet Account for some reason is Still OPEN - YOU still think i'm a bloody plusnet customer Sort it out now !!!

Otherwise I'll be on the phone to my solicitors FIRST thing in the morning..
Metalguru
Grafter

Well .........

As far as I can see you joined in July 04.

At that time, as I recall, there were no extended contracts / tie ins
(nothing over a year long anyhow).

And as you say ........ you provided all your own kit.

It looksto me like you was with them for over a year, so they have done alright out of you.

If I can see all that, why can't they ?

Bunch of clowns the lot of them.

I anticipate the same sort of treatment from them when they finally "let me go".
It's harder getting out of here, than it is getting out of Parkhurst.
LiamM
Grafter

Can I just ask you to calm down? We're trying to help you.

So what you are saying is that you didn't agree to the Terms and Conditions? You therefore migrated away?

In that case, you do not have to give the 30 days notice period, however, was there a billing date in between you requesting your MAC key and you actually migrating away? If so, then I believe you could still be liable for this, but I would say only for the days your connection was through Plusnet up until your migration.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Bob

Do you remember when we got the emails and you asked us if we do not agree to the new rules we were allowed to leave and had until the 16th to to this..

Well I did !

By doing this I DONT need to give a months notice -- The Answer you should have given was " I'm sorry but we did not cancel your account " even though you had left for another Internet Provider !!!!

My Plusnet Account for some reason is Still OPEN - YOU still think i'm a <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> plusnet customer Sort it out now !!!

Otherwise I'll be on the phone to my solicitors FIRST thing in the morning..

Hi,

Firstly, can I remind you that I am here to try and help. I do not get paid to post to these forums and I do not have to provide any answer. I have looked at your account and advised you as best I could. In fact I have taken a second look following your response to my post and still fail to see any inference to your intention to migrate due to the revised terms and conditions.

I can see your migration request and it does not mention the T's & C's, neither was that the path taken through the contact wizard. Apologies if I have overlooked something but I am merely using the information at my disposal. Perhaps you can provide the ticket ID implying that you were not in agreeance with the T's & C's and I will gladly look into this for you?

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Metalguru
Grafter

Much as I am loath to say this, I think the only way to beat this dodgy company is to pay all they ask for, underprotest of course.
Then do all in your power to get back what is rightfully yours.

This is what I have had to do.

I realise it should not come to this ................... but unless you want possibly heavies knocking on your door, and a poor credit rating. There is no other way to address this sort of thing.

Pay up .......................... then make as much noise ( trading standards / the register / ADSL / watchdog etc) about it as you can.

Then they can never say you are just trying to avoid payment.
LiamM
Grafter

There was a specific path to follow through the Contact Us wizard which was for T&C non-agreeances... you would have had to actively choose another route through the wizard, and it seems as though you have not made any mention in your tickets that you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Therefore it has been treated as a normal migration, and therefore you are liable to give your 30 days notice and pay any fees which arise in this case.
Wheelie
Grafter

If what Bob is saying is true then I would guess that gscatering would be as humble with his apology, since he seems to have been so condescending in his remarks about Plusnets actions which on the face of it seem to be valid.
N/A

So why has the account not been closed Huh?
Metalguru
Grafter

If he can still post here .......... does that mean his account is still "live" ?
LiamM
Grafter

The account cannot be closed whilst it is in dispute.