cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet any nearer to letting Premier users know....

N/A

what will happen come April and the off-peak-peak realignment (ie one peak period 4pm -midnight) with usage allowances caps etc
Will overall usage of 100GB per month be cut will peaktime usage be cut from 30GB will P2P, Usnet, etc usage be cut from 20GB

It was posted that

""When we introduce the new, shorter peak times we will reduce the peak-time allowances on Plus and Premier products in line with the new times""

I find it shoddy the way PlusNet drip feed changes of usage and would like to make an informed choice on what package suits me best or indeed what ISP suits me best, but untill I know the full facts of what I'm paying for I'm unable to make a fair choice
17 REPLIES
JonnyF
Grafter

Please tell me that quote isnt true... i had no idea that the allowances would be cut AGAIN! And Ive just started recommending people again to Plusnet telling them "Well Plusnet have always been a good ISP IMO, but they went through a sticky patch, and botched (this is mild) things up a bit (lot), but now theve sorted things out to a reasonable level"... I just hope I'm not eating my words AGAIN from this point of view come April!? Interesting also to see that a high percentage of new starters come from recommendations.... shall I tell my friends and family NOT to join now?

Jon.
N/A

it is my understanding, bit nothing official that only the clean allowence will change. With a change iin the times its monitored between, surely that alos makes sence.
N/A

Only hope your right but it is PlusNet so nothings certain
N/A

Please tell me that quote isnt true... i had no idea that the allowances would be cut AGAIN!

Jon.

Full post here
JonathanW
Grafter

The full announcement about the product changes should be made soon, we're still working on the final details for them before we announce them t o the customer base.
N/A

Look forward to the announcement.

It's going to be another cut in allowance I'm sure. Short-termist companies always get greedier once they've sucked in signficant numbers of customers. It's called the 'bait and switch trick'.

I'd never recommend anyone to Plus.net. Used to be good, but not anymore.
N/A

Ian Wild (Plusnet staff) stated yesterday, on ADSL Guide:

Lets get the new product details out to you guys (Looks good for Tuesday now)......

The announcement was originally due last Monday but was delayed.
JonnyF
Grafter

Well, I have read the new planned changes (wasnt aware they had been posted!), and to be fair it doesnt sound so unreasonable taken in context. Perhaps my first post here was a slight knee jerk reaction, but nevertheless this is what constant change brings out in people, a sense of distrust.

Guess we should wait and see, possibly trust Plusnet wont make the same mistakes this time round?

I still hold true to my comment about recommendations, it is very hard to recommend a constantly changing product, maybe a little stability is required here?

My two cents... again!! ;P

Jon.
Discostoo
Grafter

I'll be looking forward to the email shortly... Evil
N/A

Ah, here we go again. After the DISASTEROUS connection dropping / lack of connection at all fiasco that has been today and yesterday, an announcement of further cutbacks to service will probably be my proverbial back-breaking straw.

Oh and btw, hi there nazam - recognised you from your avatar - I'm 'christh' from the a4uforum. Nice to see you're a fellow affy +net sufferer Smiley
N/A

Agree with you franklin31.

Great to catch up with you here too!

The a4u site has been down for the last few hours tonight Sad It's a blessing in disguise, though, 'cos it allows me to get some serious work done.

See you on or other of the forums Smiley
N/A

I'll be looking forward to the email shortly... Evil

As I said in another post, its just one thing after another with PN isnt it.
N/A

If you read the quote from PlusNet properly. It says that the amoutn of time in a day that coutns as peak will be reuced. terefore the amount you can download in this time will be reucced by anappropiate amount. It doesn't mean they are cutting overall limits. In fact given that jmorre can be downlaoded off peak currently anyway it might actually mean an increase.

"When we introduce the new, shorter peak times we will reduce the peak-time allowances on Plus and Premier products in line with the new times

I know PlusNet have messed up lots of times and don't if ever communictae very well. But everyone always assumes in these formus that they are out to get us.
N/A

And this is good is it?

They've looked at the usage, and found that most of it is afternoon to evening. So chopping the Peak times to that period won't change anything for many users, but it looks nice. But of course, since we have fewer Peak hours, they can chop the allowance too, which looks like it's fair, but in reality it's reducing the service yet again.

It's genius, if you think about it.