cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plus looking to go LLU ?

N/A

I have been reading lots on the net about ISP's looking Local Loop Unbundling. From what I've read this is a means by which the ISP can detach from BT network at the local exchanges so that they can provide their own managed services to their customers.

Companies like UK Online and Bulldog have delivered up to 8Mb services to their customers and us patient Plus Customers have heard about possible 8mb months ago and are still waiting for BT to get their act together.

Are Plusnet looking at anything along these lines so that they can provide their customers cutting edge technology as we have been accustomed to? Or do we have to wait for BT to pull their finger out?

The Genc
18 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

The short answer is yes.

In another forum recently one of the PN reps stated that they are and have been actively persuing this route, but as yet havent struck the right deal.

Whether llu comes before BT's upgrades, if and when they happen, is anybody's guess at the moment.
N/A

well they should do the aberdeen area lol its untouched by llu which is a shame as i been wanting it for a while prospect of tv through your broadband is tempting.
craigbrass
Grafter

PlusNet will most likely not be doing their own network, but more likely using a 3rd party to provide the services (like bulldog or one of the others).
N/A

The fact that there is now a separation between BT wholesale, Bt retail and now the creation of BT access may see some movement on this.
craigbrass
Grafter

Thats interesting that article. BT got shoved into a corner to make that decision tho.
N/A

Well, let’s hope they do. Plus have always been at the forefront of providing the latest services at the most competitive rates, it would be a shame to see them fall behind the competition.

Let’s face it the number of services that they could provide down and the number of services that people want to access across the internet is growing it would be good to see Plusnet move forward and help provide their customers faster and more media rich services.

Interesting article on BT access though!

The Genc
craigbrass
Grafter

I assume how PlusNet would do it is keep the same packages as now but provide it cheaper to those users on LLU exchanges which seams fair to me.
N/A

Seems fair to me too .......... but wait for the moans from the "It's not fair" brigade, "Why should I pay more than somebody else, it's not my fault that my exchange hasn't been done ...."

Sound familiar? Wink
craigbrass
Grafter

Yes it is. If they don't like it, move to a city that has it. Makes perfect sense to me.
N/A

but more likely using a 3rd party to provide the services (like bulldog or one of the others).

:shock: Where's my MAC code...? After reading the bad press about that in recent months, nothing would be surer to drive customers away!
LiamM
Grafter

I believe easynet were mentioned a while ago as a poss 3rd party supplier. They offer a product similar to IPStream called LLUStream.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, its the one UK Online use.
N/A

and f2s
craigbrass
Grafter

Oh, didn't realise f2s was LLU.