cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Free Regrades -

N/A

April Free Regrades -

Has anyone actually been regraded for free yet?

with well over 1000 exchanges due to get regrades in April, there doesn't seem to be many people talking about their free regrades yet.?
40 REPLIES
N/A

April Free Regrades -

i noticed my exchange is on the list but no regrade yet
N/A

April Free Regrades -

Mines on the list for this month - theres already people getting 2mb on our exchange - guess i got to wait
N/A

which ISP?

theres already people getting 2mb on our exchange - guess i got to wait

Are these plusnet customers or other ISPs?

as it's clear other ISP's have been getting their free regrades for a couple of months now.
N/A

April Free Regrades -

well according to my router i have it . but my speed seems to have been throttled to my original 512kb/s i have contacted pn cs who the unthrottled my connection only to put it back the next day, dunno whats going on here. any 1 from pn care to shed some light on this matter? @ the moment i am getting pretty piss*d off @ this farce of a CS!!!!!!
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

April Free Regrades -

So, when it says "trial" next to the exchange name on BT's list of exchanges to be upgraded - does that mean they'll get upgrades before one saying "April 05" as mine does :-)

Dave...happy with the service...so far...
N/A

April Free Regrades -

well, my exchange is also listed as being upgraded in April, but no sign of anything yet... only 10 days to go...

Chances are BT are overwhelmed with regrades/upgrades and the whole program will slip, probably weeks, possibly months...

I was really excited when we all got the email about free regrades to 1 or 2mb, but over the last month, I have come to realise it is going to be a slow and painful process, not:

"Oh its 1st April, my connection has suddenly jumped to 8mb!"

I very much doubt there is anything we as customers can do to speed up the process as it is all in BT's hands.

Stuart
N/A

April Free Regrades -

redmist, raise a ticket mate
BoneMan
Grafter

April Free Regrades -

>>Has anyone actually been regraded for free yet?<<

Yep, sometime in the early hours of last Saturday (16th) Cheesy . Didn't feel a thing and didn't even have to reconnect. No notification and didn't notice at first but checked router details and now downloading at a good 2Mb Wink . FWIW exchange is Chester South.

Regards,

Ray
N/A

Good news - without warning.

Congrats...
I hope they are heading up the M56 this very moment..

Sounds like we don't get any notification before or after the event.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

April Free Regrades -

At the moment we aren't getting the notification of when anyone is being regraded. Once our automated system is tied into BT's we'll be able to email you when the regrade's done and you can select the speed via the portal. Until then if you raise a ticket we should be able to change it manually.
familycolvin
Grafter

April Free Regrades -

Thanks for that clairification.

If BT is not going to tell me I have been regraded, PN does not yet know whether I have been regraded, and I don't have a router to alert me( merely an elderly Speed Touch USB which does not provide such information), how am I ever going to know when to put in a ticket to request such a manual adjustment?
N/A

April Free Regrades -

i noticed my exchange is on the list but no regrade yet

where is this list found?
Julie
Grafter

April Free Regrades -

N/A

April Free Regrades -

july 05 Sad

Cheers for the quick reply anyway Smiley