cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling speeds

N/A

Appalling speeds

The past few evenings I have had unacceptable speeds - take the following for example:

I live just round the corner from my exchange and I am connected at 8mbps/448kbps. So why are my speeds so slow?

Internet browsing is slow and there is no point even trying to go on websites such as Youtube.

I am fed up with this!
12 REPLIES
N/A

Appalling speeds

I am connected at only 2.2mbps according to my modem and this is my result.

Dont know whats happening with yours friend. :?

my upload is nearly as quick as your download.

i would raise a ticket on this if I were you.
N/A

Appalling speeds

Where are you in the billing month and have you exceeded your usage allowance?

Can you post the results of the BT speedtester (help here)?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Appalling speeds

Looks like this link should answer your questions on why you are getting slow speeds.

You can either wait until your next billing date for the usage to reset or upgrade to one of our new products which may be more suited to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
tex
Grafter

Appalling speeds

I wouldn't recommend changing products. I'm on legacy Premier and I've downloaded over 72 gigs this billing month, and here's my speed:

N/A

Appalling speeds

Looks like this link should answer your questions on why you are getting slow speeds.

You can either wait until your next billing date for the usage to reset or upgrade to one of our new products which may be more suited to you.

That doesn't help, the speeds I'm getting are slower than those I should expect in the evening. The usage checker doesn't say I've got any restrictions and I haven't received any emails either.
UberMensch
Grafter

Appalling speeds

I used to be on Broadband Plus, and I upgraded to the new Option 2. Much better value than what Plus was. And there's a Static IP!

Much appreciated PN.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Appalling speeds

That doesn't help, the speeds I'm getting are slower than those I should expect in the evening. The usage checker doesn't say I've got any restrictions and I haven't received any emails either.

Does your VMBU show that you have exceeded the peak-time allowance on your account? If so that is why the speeds are reduced.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Appalling speeds

No it doesn't, which is why I started this thread.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Appalling speeds

Hi,

You might want to take a look at this page:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_plus.shtml
N/A

Appalling speeds

I have read that, but my point is that I appear to have restrictions on my download speeds without having any notification and the VMBU says nothing about any restrictions.
N/A

Appalling speeds

This is barely better than having an ISDN line...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Appalling speeds

You might want to take a look at switching over to Broadband Your Way instead as that may be more suitable for your usage.

I have a feeling there's a problem with the notification emails but will check up on that.