cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling email delays continue

hmy7k

Seems to me that the email situation is now dire.
A significant percentage of my mail is delayed by hours and days.

This is of no use to me whatsoever and makes me look asleep as I appear to take days gto respond to things.

Am I alone in finding this situation unacceptable?

I could save money by moving to talktalk and get better service. When my annual contract comes up I think I will be off.
5 REPLIES
N/A

You're most certainly not alone! I posted something a few days ago about it.

I received an email today with took 8 days to arrive, another 5 days, another 23 hours and some only a few minutes.

The 8 day one lost me a money making internet offer (ok not much money but some all the same).
Saturn
Grafter

Same here, yet PN refuse to believe a problem continues to exist - and then maybe - fed up trying to correlate their service status with reality.
mrsimonday
Grafter

Re: Appalling email delays continue

The situation with email delays is certainly not acceptable and something we are working very hard to rectify. The solution from our point of view is to roll out the new MXCore platform that is being worked on.

The new platform will provide better performance as well as true site resilience and was due to roll live last week. It was rolled but had to be rolled back as an issue was discovered with the way the system handled virus and spam checking. The new system handles spam/virus checking in the same way as the old, but the higher performance on the new platform revealed some flaws with the way it was being done. This is now being recoded and we are reassessing the right time to roll it out again.
Lorian
Grafter

Re: Appalling email delays continue

The new platform will provide better performance as well as true site resilience

We've heard this so many times though.
N/A

Indeed we have and I've requested my MAC, off to Zen who are slightly more expensive but are fab according to their customers and have only a 1 month minimum period if things go whatsits up!

Any idea how long my webspace will keep operating after migrating?