cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling connection recently

N/A

Hi,

Over the last three dyas my dsl has been up and down like a yoyo - just checked my router and it's lost connection 31 time in the last 5 hours. Any idea what is going wrong? I've been a Plusnet customer for over 3 years and when i first joined i could literally leave my router for months without a disconnect. It's not harwwar or wiring (internally anyway) as the router is the only thing on the phone line and the connection is one stretch of cable less than a metre long - I've made no changes at my end so it's external - I've already reported that when I was changed from easy start to Premier my SNR went down by about 6 points which I thought was strange to say the least - have there been other changes recently I don't know about ?

Also why despite connecting at 1700 _ for months on end do I still have a 1000 BRAS ? And can you take interleavign off the line cause it's only there becuase I was told to switch the router off every day to force a bras change and allit did was cause thmto interleave my line... (oh and drop me from 1500 to 1000)

DinAlt
5 REPLIES
N/A

No comment plusnet ?
James
Grafter

The drop in bRAS will be related to your intermittency. I would suggest trying the following:

- Change filters
- Change modem/router if possible
- Plug filter into test socket behind master faceplate

If you still receive intermittency after attempting this, we can raise a fault to BT for you.

Sorry I didn't see your thread when you initially raised it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Sorry I didn't see your thread when you initially raised it.

Yes that goes on a lot around here.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

The bras was changed months ago and has never moved up - this bout of poor connections is recent - over the last three days in fact.

basically for about 4 months i've connected at over 1700 bps with a bras set to 1000 and interleaving added becuase I reset my router (as instructed) to try and trigger a change in the bras - oh well who needs a stable connection - oh wait I do...

DinAlt
N/A

same symptoms

exact same problems with my connection, past 3 days as you, my educated guess is that its at plusnet's end rather than BT.
(zen just gets a little closer everyday)