cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalled by how I've been treated

N/A

I've had a fault open with PN since Jul 13th. To cut a long story short I've only had connectivity for 5 days since that date and not much help from PN other than the usual platitudes about internal wiring and virus checkers (everything is plugged into the master socket and I run unix....).

I had these 3 updates from CS in the last 24 hours:

One said 'Also your line stats are well with the limits of the product. '

The next said 'The line stats are just within limits of your service, so ideally we would need you to try another router before we raise this to BT. '

To which I reasonably responded, which is it? Well within or just within? Is my line dodgy or not?

But the last update just said 'call 154 yourself' and CLOSED THE TICKET!

Stephen Dean you are a muppet of the highest order. If this is the new improved PN customer service then have mercy on all our souls.

I've requested my MAC code, this is just getting too silly.

PN - final chance, fix it now and apologise or I'm gone.

-AL
9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Al,

If raised this internally for someone to pick up on (#354Cool. Someone should be along to address your query as soon as possible.
N/A

Re: Appalled by how I've been treated

But the last update just said 'call 154 yourself' and CLOSED THE TICKET!

I think someone also needs to look in to the attitude of the person who posted that response.
I can quite understand that the CS agents are getting stressed out and fed up with all of the sarcastic comments and abuse being heaped on them, but there is no excuse for being rude to customers.
James
Grafter

It didn't say that. It said this:

If you believe there is problem with the physical line then you will need to get BT retail to check this directly. If you call 154 on your handset and have an automated check done on your line for possible a pstn fault - do not refer to broadband in that case - and if this test passes and you are certain that you wish us to pass this on to BT for further investigation (note they may charge £46+vat if they deem the fault is non-broadband related) then please keep us advised. Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I've passed your new fault ticket to one of our faults agents for testing, we will know more once this has been done.

Due to the possible charges by BT we always advise to try internal wiring checks and such like.
N/A

It didn't say that. It said this:

Aren't you in breach of some section of the DPA for printing that in here without the user's say-so?
Not having a dig, just a question.
N/A

If a user is going to come on here and misrepresent their case, I believe PlusNet have every right to post the reply given to defend themselves. It didn't contain any personal information, so there's no issue.
N/A

As there's already a potential 20,000 complaints for a breach of the Data Protection Act, adding 1 more wouldn't have much affect anyway, eh?
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What are you talking about? What was published was the reply from PlusNet which they are entitled to publish. No customer details were given!
N/A

I paraphrased the final response but what really, really annoyed me was closing the ticket as if suggesting that I call BT myself was enough to resolve the problem.

PN are my contracted broadband service provider. My voice service works. If PN have reason to believe that my line may be contributing to my broadband problems then they should raise that with their wholesale provider (BT in this case).

Also, if the CS rep had taken the time to read the history of the ticket he would have seen that I already had BT do a voice check a couple of weeks ago without a problem being found.

Anyway, I now have a fault raised with BT so lets see where that takes us. Thanks James for pushing this.

-A