cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apology?

N/A

Apology?

Where is the apology for the outage today? Im not blaming anyone but would have though an apology would have been posted somewhere on here. Maybe Ive missed it if so please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.
48 REPLIES
N/A

Apology?

He he,

I was wondering howlong it would talk someone to jump on this one already.

Anyway I was talking to James earlier on and a report will be written on what went wrong etc etc. This will be done over the weekend and I am sure we will get a full insight as to what exactly happened and why it took so long to get working again.

Regards,
N/A

Apology?

Thankfully i have my MAC and am out of here on Monday!! Couldnt Careless about what happened today, just another in the long line of cockups at Plusnet towers.
N/A

Apology?

Yes but there's some info on this site but not on here. That's a little strange isn't it? Some people may not have their emails working yet, mines only just come back. I'd have expected PlusNet to post on the official forum.

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1730
N/A

Apology?

doobert, it takes time to prepare a proper report/apology. PN tend to let us know why things went wrong as far as possible and I'd imagine this is going to take abit longer to discover the exact cause as power issues tend to be hard to pin down (unless its obvious like forgetting to fill the genny with fuel).

Don't be too hard on PN as I suspect in addition to the investigation all their efforts are going into getting the system back up and running.
N/A

Apology?

Im not jumping on but would have thought just a quick explanation - not all of us would have been to other places to see what had happened and may have thought it was our fault or something to do with our equipment. Just a simple statement of fact would do. Again as I said Im not blaming anyone but if i had just managed to log on to find a brief statement that their had been a power cut etc would help.
N/A

Apology?

That's a little strange isn't it?

When that information was posted it was one of the few places that the Comms Team could post to. This portal was down, and as such the post could not be made here.
passer
Grafter

Apology?

Yeah - give them a break. It's been a pretty frenetic afternoon, I suspect. The info was posted in the sort of places where those interested would be likely to look, and I'm sure there'll be a formal explanation forthcoming. After being up all night upgrading the portal, I don't suppose it was much fun watching it go tits up when a fuse popped!
N/A

Apology?

I want to state and state again in capitals if needed that I am not blaming anyone or having a go just if I had no other information regarding lack of email etc all afternoon I would expect a note on here to just say it was not your fault it was not our fault it was caused by a power surge. Im not knocking anyone so please dont suggest I am. Just a sentence would have done the trick.

Oh and is it the way things go on here if you ask anything your having a go if so I shall never post on here again because I am not!
N/A

Apology?

doobert,

Not at all. I suppose many people read things in a different way. And with the portal having been out of use all day many people have an addiction to quench and thus could well be speed reading.

I do follow where you are coming from and yes you are correct in a fashion, although it is still a funny point due to not many people needing to come back to the plusnet website again.

Anyway, I am confident if we wait patiently James will keep to his word and have us a report made up to tell us exactly why the gerbils in the genny were being starved and in turn then causing them to go on strike.

Regards,
N/A

Apology?

Tom all I would expect is a brief statement to say parts of PN wer down today due to things beyond our conrol and a fuller report will be given later. That lets people know something happened when they can suddenly get their email and come here to find out if it was their fault. I asked it because I was asked by others at home if they had done something to the pc. I knew something cos I had looked at other sites from work.
If this thread gets argumentative please lock it cos that was not my intentSmiley
N/A

Re: Apology?

Where is the apology for the outage today?

Here’s an apology.

....We will post further updates as further information becomes available and would like to offer our sincere apologies to all our customers for the inconvenience that this problem has caused.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support

I think it's also worth noting that the Service Status suggests that this remains an ongoing incident:

2006-03-30 22:07:04 ...
...Our network engineers are remaining on site to resolve the remaining issues and will be monitoring the platform overnight and we will post a further update in the morning.
N/A

Apology?

Thank you goldenpeninsula I did apologise if i hadnt found it. Where was it?
N/A

Apology?

Dont worry,

I know you meant well and whaat you meant in your original question. An email should be sent out to people and failing that there are posts on http://status.plus.net if you click on portal etc.

You have to consider though that the moment the portal went live again for you is when it would have started again for the staff at PN towers and so there wouldnt have been enough time to edit the homepage in the very small space of time before people came back to the site.

Anyway, I am sure we are all wiser in the knowledge now.

Regards,
Community Veteran

Apology?

Doobert wasn't actually talking about the homepage (at least I don't think he was...), he was just saying it would have been useful if PN made a quick post in here on the forums - which, tbh, I'm inclined to agree with, although I just kept an eye on Usertools personally. Smiley

Thomas